• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Baer Tracker Question

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Anybody online at the moment that installed a Baer Tracker bumpsteer kit on a 65/66? I'm in the middle of checking torques and then doing the alignment on my car and came across something i had forgotten about long ago and wanted to confirm.

The post that seats into the spindle cannot seat fully so that the hexagonal flat section rests against the face of the spindle arm. At the widest taper the spindle hole is .475" and the base of the post is .515" wide. When in place and torqued this is what it looks like.

Baer tracker.jpg

Anyone else see the same thing? Any issue with it set up this way? I did a quick Google and found lots of images that looked similar but also some where the post looked to be "seated" with the flat against the spindle. These were on all kinds of different cars.

More thought has occurred. As long as the pin/post taper matches that of the spindle bore it should be good. right? I was just thinking that if the face was flush that lateral support would be greater. How nuts am I? Working too many late hours on this thing! Talked to {.} he has same set-up and is running over to his shop to see what his looks like. Stay tuned...

IIRC, mine had a little space between the hex & spindle.
Ran that way for 5 years with no issues.
I went thru old pics, but never took a detailed shot of that connection. suspension.jpg

IMG_1952.JPG Here you go. This is after the alignment was checked and adjusted by the local race shop. Yes, that is a gap between the upper nut and spindle.

And by "upper nut", I do not mean me.

Thanks gents. I was just trying to steal a bit of garage time during lunch today (working out of home) and didn't want to waste any time. I quickly realized I was concerned over naught but never hurts to ask, right?

Back