• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Battery box

I need to order a battery box, which one should I go with:

A:
sum-g1231_w.jpg

B:
sum-890101.jpg

C:
sum-e890101.jpg

D:
sum-g1210.jpg

E:
tay-48200_w.jpg

F:
None of the above.

If ole sluggo ever gets his $hit together I'll add a poll.....

I've used the Taylor box on the last 2 cars. The only thing that sucks about it is the price. Be sure to size the box to the type of battery you'll be using as they sell three different size boxes.

I vote for box E.

Dave

I like A or D just from a cosmetic view. C has too much contrast with those F'ing bolts. Looks a little too darth vader.

Hmmm, I like B cuz it doesnt have the holes in the top....... Anybody make a cool billet piece for an optima battery?

I ended up ordering B, because the top doesn't have the holes in it. If I can find a large Ford oval like you see on the tailgate of the newer Ford trucks I'll mount it on top.

I liked E the best....you should be able to grab a ford emblem at the wrecking yard. I do have a used one that mounts with two studs that you can have.

Thanks for thr offer, I may take you up on, but I gotta head to the junkyard next weekend anyway, so maybe I cna save postage. The problem with E is the two studs that come up through the top make it look, not so sleek. B has the two holes on the side for the cables

E has 2 holes on the side for the cables also.....

The 2 holes in the top are where the threaded rods go all the way down through the frame rail, hold the bottom tray in, the battery in with a seperate hold down and then stick out through the lid a little bit where you secure the lid with 2 wingnuts.

I have a picture of this box installed... standby.

006-5.jpg

You can see that the cover is obviously off and laying in the trunk. Notice the 2 threaded rods coming up from the frame rail? The cover is secured by a couple wingnuts (also laying in the trunk) onto these 2 rods.

I'm pretty sure it's a sturdier design than those little side clips shown in box B.

I have box A in my car. I wasn't going for looks as much as function. I will have it hidden behind false panels in my trunk when I finish enclosing it. I am about 1/2 done and will post some pictures when its complete. It is starting to look pretty sweet. ~thu

Back