• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Be carefull down South--stay home if possible.

Flysure1

I hope you don't have the power outages they are predicting. As for driving it is just a fact that a lot of the younger people have not had a lot of experience driving on the crap. I used to not be able to stand being trapped indoors but I have learned to enjoy it now! Now no power would be another story---Wishing you guys "Good luck"!

I am stuck in GA during the week. Unfortunately when I came back to my room today my cell phone was blowing up with texts from the wife. Seems she lost power at our house (along with approx. 25000 other people in the area). As if that wasn't bad enough, trees broke making my driveway from the house to the road a slalom course. But wait folks, just for added stress/discomfort, there was a grand prize! I have errr, HAD two 100+ year old live oaks in my yard. The weight of the ice caused them to split. While I'll certainly miss the one in the front yard, the one in the back was next to the house. The largest portion split on the side away from the house. The other is sitting on the roof! The wife sent me pictures which were about worthless in regards to determining damage. I then got her to Facetime me so she could show me. It was too overcast to clearly make anything out. It appears the branches on the house are just laying down due to the ice weight and the limbs haven't snapped. It's supposed to be above freezing tomorrow so I'm hoping things will stabilize until I get home Friday evening. I'm keeping my fingers crossed there's no roof damage. For now the wife and dogs are staying with son and DIL. They're not too far away and have power. I HATE getting news like this when I'm away and can do nothing about it!

Wow, I feel for you, that has to be tough. Hang in there. The only bright site is that no one got hurt. Mother nature can be a heartless bitch sometimes, this year she has been in "rare" form!!!

About a foot of the crap fell here. Power never went out and the internet kept working. So sick of winter...............................

Well I made it home last night. I was able to check things out some with a flashlight. My son came over Thursday and got on the roof (though I wish he wouldn't have outta fear of him falling off the icy thing!). He was able to trim some branches off. It appears I got by with just some minor shingle damage.

Power was finally restored late this afternoon. I didn't get up on the roof yet, but was able to have some all day quality time with the chainsaw. We got a large portion of the oak tree in the back of the house cut up with about an hour or two left on it tomorrow. I'm gonna have a ton (almost literally!), of good oak firewood next year! The large oak in the front yard will probably have to wait for another weekend. We're hoping to get a chipper to take care of all of the small limbs. That will save a ton of time on disposal. I still have to ensure there's nothing hanging down the driveway that could come crashing down. My pines were pretty hard hit too, read...another several days work on them alone. It could have been much worse so I'm pretty thankful. I have some before and after shots on my phone and on the wife's phone I'll try to get uploaded. I'll be happy to get back to GA and getting my butt kicked in defensive tactics classes everyday. I need the rest!

Back