• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Benwil 7 2 post lift.

AzPete

Just got done directing the install of the above mentioned lift. It was purchased used from a local and he got it from a local dealership several years ago when they upgraded. Lots of measuring and double checking to get it where we wanted it. It went into a large warehouse type storage unit. Has parking for 5 cars plus a nice office and restroom area. We put the lift just inside the tall overhead door. Took a day for 5 people to install which included a couple runs for bolts. The floor was in question but according to all guidelines, the bolts torqued in good so all is good to go.

This lift has the chain over the top to the other set of arms. All was going good until we got ready to hook up the chain. That piece seems to be missing. Call to the seller has not been returned. I went online and discovered the company went bankrupt some years back. Did find another company that has all the parts and info so every part is still available.

Electric will be done in the next few days and we will see how it all works. Sorry, no pics as there is no A/C in this place and I was hot and tired and just needed to get home. We started about 9am....stopped at 3pm.

Sample pic....
benwell.jpg

The lift ran $600....asking was $1000. I help a couple guys when tinkering on cars so the lift will help a lot for them. I will not give up the option at another local shop for using a lift in an air conditioned shop.

This place http://www.sviinternational.com/ says they are "the" for lift parts....current or not.

I wouldn't go anywhere to work on a lift without A/C either.

Back