• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Best fit plug wires

A

Anonymous

Seen in the NPD book they have a set supposedly tailored to fit the engine . Question is there a set aftermarket that you guys have used that fit well to the small block . What reminds me is the set on there now could go to the trunk and back way to long .

Really dont want to cut and fit dont need the extra tool just laying around afterward .

You can buy cut to fit sets, not really an extra tool unless they come with one or Summit or jegs has some pretty cool wire seperators that route the wires along the valve covers,

mfy-5075611.jpg

I got a set of Ford Racing 9mm wires that fit well. You can get them everywhere for a little over $40 IIRC.

I got some Ford Racing wires as well, and I'm not happy at all with the fit. They might work if everything was left laying out, but if you run it through the Ford Racing wire loom that bolts to the top-center VC bolt, the #1 and #5 wires are too short, and the #4 and #8 wires are way too long.

I bought a set of black MSD wires, they aren't on the engine yet, but you can kinda see in this pic(best I got right now) how neat those wire looms keep them together on the front of the valve covers

BTW- those are old Ford racing wires on there.

541371_422_full.jpg

Heys guys thanks for replys . I picked up a set of Autolite Professional Series they are close but still not as tight as i would like them . I haven't placed them in retainers yet for the originals are long gone and didn't like the ones at the Advance Auto store . Really hoping i can get some retainers some where close , shipping is more then the parts if i have to go that route .

shipping is more then the parts if i have to go that route .

To avoid shipping charges, let someone else pay for the shipping....

AutoZone is a distributor for most aftermarket parts. Name brand headers, intakes, carbs, heads, etc., etc. Pretty much anything you'd want/need for your car that isn't specific to a Classic Mustang.

Tell one of the experienced "zoners" what you're looking for..... look through the paper catalog to find the part.... punch the PN into the AZ computer system to find the price..... pay for the item and it'll usually show up at the store via FedEx within 2 days. AZ pays for the shipping, not you.

I needed some 9MM wire separators recently and ran into a similar situation. Nobody local had them. Summit had them, but their $10.95 "handling charge" was more than the price of the item. I got the exact same part locally through AZ and avoided any shipping charges.

Something to look into.

"daveSanborn" said:
shipping is more then the parts if i have to go that route .

To avoid shipping charges, let someone else pay for the shipping....

AutoZone is a distributor for most aftermarket parts. Name brand headers, intakes, carbs, heads, etc., etc. Pretty much anything you'd want/need for your car that isn't specific to a Classic Mustang.

Tell one of the experienced "zoners" what you're looking for..... look through the paper catalog to find the part.... punch the PN into the AZ computer system to find the price..... pay for the item and it'll usually show up at the store via FedEx within 2 days. AZ pays for the shipping, not you.

I needed some 9MM wire separators recently and ran into a similar situation. Nobody local had them. Summit had them, but their $10.95 "handling charge" was more than the price of the item. I got the exact same part locally through AZ and avoided any shipping charges.

Something to look into.

Good Idea Dave.

Dave thanks for idea i'm sure i can find something close to original . I just don't want that cal custom look plus there really not that good looking .

I just don't want that cal custom look....

I understand completely. Rarely will I find something in the store that I can use, but the "gold mine" is the aftermarket parts supply books behind the counter.

Edelbrock, Holley, JBA, CompCams, Autometer, FordRacing.... all of these catalogs and about 100 more are behind the counter. Peruse through these catalogs for anything you're looking for and order it through AZ. Plus, AutoZone will price match Summit/Jegs/etc..... and they'll pay for the shipping.

It'll ship to the store.... usually via FedEx. Order before 10AM and the item is usually at the store with the next days delivery.

Back