• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Black Hump Hugger console for sale Cheap

ko67

This is a black hump hugger console, with drink holders. This console was customized to fix a problem in the console that the console had when I got the car. The vinyl of the original console had an area of damage in the bottom area of the console in front of the storage box area. I made a cushioned pad that is covered in matching vinyl to cover the damage. It makes a nice platform for cell phone, etc and, I think, looks better than the original design. (shown in the second picture) This is kind of a bulky item, so shipping will be about $25. These sell for $200 from the mustang dealers, and I would like to get $40 plus $25 shipping. That means that local DFW guys can get it for $40, others pay $65. Paypal is best, and a substantial portion of the proceeds will go to Stangfix and the beer/weed fund.

Very Interested, do you have a pic of it in your car? Just looking at how far it sits back and what it looks like installed. What was the issue that you had to fix?

"hawkdriver" said:
Very Interested, do you have a pic of it in your car? Just looking at how far it sits back and what it looks like installed. What was the issue that you had to fix?

I cannot find a good pic of it installed, but here are some measurements. The console is 32.5 inches long. It is 25.5 inches from the back of the shifter hole to the back of the console. The shifter hole is about 7 inches long. The body of the console is 7.5 inches wide. The wide part in the front is 14 inches.

The padded panel is bolted on to cover a rip in the vinyl material of the console. There is a rip that is about 1.5 inches long and was about 1/8 inch wide at the widest point. It was very noticeable in the console before i covered it. it is completely invisible with the repair panel in place. The original consoles com with some kind of plastic coin tray in that location, and I think the PO damaged the console when he removed it.

Sounds good, i dont have my car with me it is getting work done. I have an automatic 69. My only concern is fitting the shift cutout appropriately do you know the make or model type/#. any info would help so i can find some pics and specifics. If all check out on my end i will buy just want to make sure it fits correctly first. Also just want to ensure this is for w/o factor console setup?

"hawkdriver" said:
Sounds good, i dont have my car with me it is getting work done. I have an automatic 69. My only concern is fitting the shift cutout appropriately do you know the make or model type/#. any info would help so i can find some pics and specifics. If all check out on my end i will buy just want to make sure it fits correctly first. Also just want to ensure this is for w/o factor console setup?
Here is a link to the console from one vendor.

http://www.dallasmustang.com/mustang-parts/product/CONSOLES-CRUISER-1964-1970-COUPE-FASTBACK-BLACK/10915

It is the model that sits directly on the floor hump and not on a factory console. You can see the plastic tray coin holder on the one in the catalog and see the pic of mine with that missing/replaced by the padded platform.

Back