• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Body color in the engine bed - is it so wrong??

Well mine is both. Firewall and radiator support are black and the rest red. Probably would get more than a few "WTF is that" comments if I bothered to show the car anywhere, but I like it so screw it.
GEDC0153.jpg

My engine compartment is painted body color. If the body color was ANYTHING other than brilliant white it would probably be okay, but keeping the engine compartment even halfway respectable clean is a royal PITA for a driver car.

3_07_09_08_5_57_31_4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I was off this past week and painted and cleared the inside metal and the engine bay. Man, it took forever to get this far. Pic's dont show it but it is glossy as hell.

No regrets though, this is what the hobby is all about.

Thanks! Glad you like it. I had it matched to the car, but I believe it to be Fords stock Medium Bright blue metallic for 1970. Looks brighter with the camera flash. I am just stoked to be done with all the dirty work. I am ready to start putting this thing back together. :ecit

Actually, was going with the aluminum/polished aluminum/chrome theme under the hood. Hopefully it will come off looking something like the Cuda only in metallic blue.

This is it when I got it in January, and the second picture is what it looks like at the moment

Darn, I did't get to post before you painted your engine compartment! I painted my engine compartment the same as my stang~ I just wanted the engine compartment to COME TO LIFE, when opening the hood! I know it will be a pain to keep clean, but it probably will never be driven at the rate I'm going! lol I like what you've done, and it is a project, and whatever you do to your stang is directly influenced by your personality and thus reflects your personality! Anyway, that's why they made Gunk for dirty engines! :craz
dne'

IMG_9008.jpg

Looks sharp Mike! I wanted to paint mine the body color, but Grabber Blue would be a bit too bright for my tastes.....that and I'm not sure I'd have the patience to sand all the nook and cranny's that the engine bay panels have!!!

I think its Medium Bright Blue Metallic or a close variant. I did the inside of the car with it as well after I replaced the front pans.

Back