• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Body Shop Recommendation

Well, I was warned this would happen and I didn't listen. I was told not to bring my car to this city, but i didnt listen.

I recently got transferred to a new project and moved to the marina district in San Francisco which is one of t he nicer areas of SF. Parking and traffic in this city is a nightmare. Ive seen people nudge other cars trying to parallel park, there just seems to be a general "who gives a crap" attitude when it comes to cars here. Well it happened to my 68 coupe yesterday, and ive only been here less than 2 weeks.... Came out to the car today to head to work and had a nice gash/dent on the driver side rear quarter panel right about the reflector. No note left, of course.

Made a claim with the city because I think it was the street sweeper but I wont get anything from them since there was no witnesses. So I guess Ill just have my insurance pay for it and fork out the deductible.

Can anyone recommend good autobody shops who work on classics routinely? Anywhere from the bay to as north as yuba city would be fine. I want to get it fixed right.

"jonward786" said:
Ive seen people nudge other cars trying to parallel park...

Sorry to hear of your incident.

From a person born & raised in SF, it's called "touch-park" and was especially helpful finding an elusive parking spot in the Marina District or in the Union Street bar area. Did I use my 65 K-Mustang to do this? Hell no, those nights called for borrowing mom's '73 Pinto. Ah, good times.

In Sacramento, you can try:

Shanahan's Auto Body
6211 Power Inn Road
Sacramento, CA 95824
916-381-7964
shanahansautobody.com

(ask for Matt Stevens, the manager, tell him Tom D. from Allied Insurance recommended the shop)
They do mostly "regular car" insurance work but will work on old cars too, the owner has some hot rods, customs and muscle cars.

The place I use is too far for your purposes. Besides, he very slow but .....does great work.

Time to get a city beater and garage that classic.

Thanks for the suggestion SAC and yeah I agree KB. I think I'm going to park the mustang and resurrect the old POS hand me down corolla that me and my siblings drove in high school. I cant stand driving it but I also cant stand watching the mustang get bashed in by careless :censored

Hey, I live in the Marina. People who live out here now. Don't give a crap.

I can not recommend anyone here in the city anymore. None of them want to work on classics. You would have to go up to Sacto or down past menlo Park.

Mike: Just shout out your recommendation.

Back