• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bought a boat...

That's a good way to get into boating.

I wanted to go used and pay cash, but when we looked at new my wife talked me into it. She was afraid we would have lots of problems. We got a full 5 year warranty and paid it off in 3 years. It's been a great boat.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I hear it has a hard time telling the difference between water and land!

As it turns out the engine was in borrowed time... It ran hot in our last trip out and that was ok the excuse I need led to pull it.
d6efd1334615898701271f97a77de308.jpg

Ended up being an early 90s pre vortec 4.3 instead of what I was expecting (99 vortec). Block was cracked so I bought a 03 vortec mercruiser engine. It ended up having a blown head gasket but I discovered that as I was tearing it down to take to the machine shop.

More pics to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0e5e15e9e95644e01fa155f23412f5fb.jpg

Leaking gimbal bearing and bellows that I’ll repair while down this far.

6ec30b1e464952593366fdeaa359170b.jpg

Nasty outdrive that’s get reconditioned.

I expected a lot of this when I bought the boat honestly. Good thing was I got almost 2 seasons out of it and got the wife hooked. I considered just selling it and was offered more than I paid even with the bad engine but the wife convinced me to repair it and keep it.

Once I get all this done, I’ll be satisfied with it. Nothing like learning how to work on a boat the hard way lol. But I’ll have a fresh start that will be maintained correctly then.

Boats are a never ending money pit, but if you're using it and enjoying the time then it's worth it.

We only get ours out a couple times a year anymore. But we still like having it for now.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

We do enjoy it. We are just 20 minutes from the ramp and now a bunch of the guys from work have boats.

I’m looking forward to my baby growing up on the lake. I’m hoping he really enjoys it. 2 more months and we’ll find out. My 16 and 12 years old kids love it. I’m a water dog myself. Wife is meh, but enjoys running around in the boat.

Back