• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bought a Car On Ebay.......Now What?

"daveSanborn" said:
I'm a big believer in Murphy's law and figure that what can go wrong, will go wrong, and at the worst time.
Since I don't know this car yet, I'm not taking any chances, particularly just days before Christmas.

Maryland shouldn't be that bad, but you're right, better to be safe than sorry.

See my recent GumFlappers thread....

Mudder-fugger.............that's about as bad a horror-story as I could have imagined....thank God they're okay.

So, wanna make a pickup in Maryland too? :jam

Allright when well we know. To be honest, if the guys says the cars is road worthy and he knows you are coming I can bet that the car is roadworthy. I have bought several cars off of ebay. The best way in my opinion is to show up with the cash in hand. If the guy lied to you then you can take legal action if you want. I have a 66 tbird the guy swore up and down that it has no rust. When I got there the car would barely make it out of the driveway an when I pulled the carpet back under the drivers seat it was rotted out. I made him pay me for my time and I threatened a law suit and to give him a massive strike on ebay. He gave me $300. Then he relisted the same car with the same add and talked about car was relisted because of a dead beat bidder. I was pissed but he at least paid my plane ticket.

Thanks Ed.
Sorry the Tbird didn't work out for you.
I'd love to have one of those one day.
Yeah, rust is definetly something I'll be looking for closely since it is a Maryland car.

Quick trip to seal the deal and......... :pep
78_23_12_08_10_26_52.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been following this thread waiting for pictures of this thing. Looks pretty damn sharp. :notworthy: I'm jealous.

"daveSanborn" said:
Very nice car. Does this mean that you've already made the trip?

Yep, went up yesterday.
That old fokker in the pic is me.
Really got lucky on the weather and it was clear and around 40F when I got to drive the car.
The A/C worked really well :rof

A blown 351 is really a beast and the guy I bought it from is a real enthusiast.
He'd put over $10k in it in the last 2 years with a built motor, blower, new tires and then set his targets on a new project.

"Fast68back" said:
I've been following this thread waiting for pictures of this thing. Looks pretty damn sharp. :notworthy: I'm jealous.

It's not perfect, but i think i got a good deal on it.
I'll post better pics.

Here's a few decent pics of her. The rest of them are in my Gallery if you'd care to take a look.
I really appreciate everybody's help on this. I still have to get the car to Texas, but hopefully that will not have the same "pucker factor" as Dave so accurately put it.
78_24_12_08_6_40_19_1.jpg

78_24_12_08_6_40_19_2.jpg

78_24_12_08_6_43_03_2.jpg

78_24_12_08_6_44_46_0.jpg

78_24_12_08_6_44_46_1.jpg

I dont know that I could have waited, I think I would have driven it home. South on 95 then 20 west once you hit Atlanta. Looks even better in the newer pics and its got Steve's autograph!

with my luck, something would break on the car and I'd be stranded in Bumphuck, TN on Christmas Eve :doh
that would surely be followed by a never-ending littany of "i told you so's" from the little woman.

The Steve sig story is kinda interesting, as well as the rest of the origins of this car.
This being the first year of the S351, a local radio station did a give-away of the car, after installing a mondo stereo system in it.
Steve was there for the presentation and signed the car for the new owner.

well the enclosed transporter arrived at about 10:30 last nite.
met him in the church parking lot behind my house.
watching the door open was like opening the biggest present ever on Christmas morning!
ended up going thru a transport broker at Dieselgal.com.
very highly recommended in the Ebay Motors forum by guys that do this alot.
they used a double decker with a lift designed with almost no incline to it because of the low low stance of the car.
78_09_01_09_7_21_10_0.jpg

78_09_01_09_7_21_13_2.jpg

78_09_01_09_7_21_12_1.jpg

Back