• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bought the boys a Stang

RustyRed

Hi All,

Long time no see. {.} on Facebook keeps telling me I need to stop by but now we have another Mustang in the herd so thought I'd stop in and share a picture.

The boys are turning 16 and we purchased them an '07 Mustang this weekend to drive around to / from school, etc. Pretty basic V6 model but only has ~ 75k miles and overall in good shape minus the typical minor cosmetic blemishes for a 10 year old car. Got a good deal on it, the PO has been watching their grandchild a good deal and was finding getting a little one in and out of a car seat in a two door to be a challenge and upgraded to a Tahoe.

Few fix up items needed on the car. First is get rid of the trailer hitch the PO had on the car, it's a bolt on so easy enough to remove. Also need to get the two inner / third brake lights working again, they don't work now probably because of the jerry rigged trailer lights connection. We are probably going to go with sequential tail lights anyway.

Boys are over the moon excited... :cool:

Attachments

• 2007 Mustang.jpg
    2007 Mustang.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 50
Crap. Way to make a guy feel old. I remember when they were heavily into Little League. Now look at 'em. Nice to see you pop back in.

Makes me feel old too...been saving like crazy for college knowing it's only ~ 3 years away.

They gave up baseball...hated to see Ben give it up because he was a really good catcher but they both got really into running track / cross country and decided to hang up their mits. They ironically started running as conditioning for baseball and the high school coach rode them pretty hard to come try out when he found out they had given up playing. This year Ben was getting over a health issue but he's back to a sub five minute mile now. His brother ran more varsity than freshman races during cross season...thinking they may be able to get a scholarship if they stay healthy and stick with running. About the time they went to the junior Olympics national meet they decided they were tired of the political bs in baseball and decided to focus on running.

Yesterday we were going somewhere and I asked them if they wanted to take my Challenger or the Mustang....Jeff replied "let's take the cool car" which I correctly assumed meant the Mustang, LOL!

I had a V6 Mustang with a Magnaflow exhaust system.....sounded great.....for a V6

Glad to see you here again Sheldon!! Nice to see that you've partially come to your senses.

Glad to see you here again Sheldon!! Nice to see that you've partially come to your senses.

Boys are always on me to get another classic. I'm not against it but I've been busy spending money on other crap. Basically replacing the AC at the house right now plus getting the system zoned. Boys are having their wisdom teeth out next week and of course, just paid for an '07 Mustang, LOL!

By the way, go blow up a motor {.}:p

looks like the 07 I bought my wife, before I got a hold of it anyway. I lowered it, changed the hood, added a chin spoiler, dual exhaust, a GT/CS rear bumper and 07 Shelby wheels. Oh I took off the stripes. !st pic is when we brought it home. Last two are fairly current. Anyway very cool ride!
3-21-2015.jpg IMG_3946.JPG IMG_4371.jpg

I kind of like the stripe at the bottom. It has new tires and new window tint. I like the hood that you put on Tara's car.

We got the oil changed and all the fluids checked this weekend. Next task is to remove the trailer hitch and get the sequential lights in the back. Also need to get them some generic black floor mats...the previous owner had some really pimp daddy looking black and red zebra pattern floor mats in the car. The boys put them in the trunk before we headed home after the purchase. If anyone is in the market for some black and red zebra floor mats, we have a set we'd sell cheap, LOL!

I kind of like the stripe at the bottom. It has new tires and new window tint. I like the hood that you put on Tara's car.

We got the oil changed and all the fluids checked this weekend. Next task is to remove the trailer hitch and get the sequential lights in the back. Also need to get them some generic black floor mats...the previous owner had some really pimp daddy looking black and red zebra pattern floor mats in the car. The boys put them in the trunk before we headed home after the purchase. If anyone is in the market for some black and red zebra floor mats, we have a set we'd sell cheap, LOL!
White Elephant gift!

Back