• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

CanAm Spyder ride

Jonk67

Met my oldest brother at my parents outside N.O. this weekend, he drove his brand new CanAm Spyder RTS from his house in Austin. He's worked his way up through big bikes through the last ~10yrs. and traded an 1800cc in on this. He rides a lot and his last trip was Austin >NY to meet my sister with her bike and then on into Canada so I can understand the comfort aspect of this bike. Also his wife wants to go along for day or 2 rides and she's more secure on this bike. I know the die hards will say it's a bike for old folks who can't ride anymore. He is very capable but says he can take a slow sweeper even faster on this bike. He can't wait to get back up by my house and head to the Tail of the Dragon in the Smokies with it.

He asked me if I'd like to take a ride before I left on Sunday, hard to see but the helmets in my lap so yes I wore it. It's got 15" wheels (new up from 14") the rear is almost the same size as my '67 wheels - 225/50/15, mine are 60 series. This thing is a blast and gets lots of attention, I stayed in a 5 mi. neighborhood radius but got up to ~50 and 3rd gear, really pulls. Has paddle shifters and single foot brake that applies all 3 Brembo brakes. Has a nice raspy exh. note. I ended up coming back a 1/2 hour later :yah.

CanAmSpyderRTS_zpsb437e742.jpg

Jon

My FIL has one, one of his six or seven bikes. I rode it over the fourth of july. Loved it in a straight line, seems dicey in corners. I'm sure comfort comes with miles, but it definitely wasnt for me. Prefer two or four wheels.

He should be ashamed. Either get another wheel...meaning drive a convertible car or get the handicap plates that belong on that thing.

Face it he doesn't want a motorcycle so why pretend.

Back