• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cancer Sucks!

msell66

The party’s over
Donator
I have debated about putting this info out there, but I figured it just might make someone's day :rolleyes:

I've been diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer that has also taken up residence in my liver. I've had a colonoscopy, 3 CT's, an MRI and a biopsy of my liver in the past 2 1/2 weeks. I feel like a damn pincushion! Had surgery yesterday to have a "port" put into my left upper chest to make it easier to get the chemo fluids in and any blood work out.

Untreated the Doc said I'd be dead within a year. Treatment has a possibility of a cure, but with the size of the liver damage it looks more like a lifetime (however long) of chemo. It is possible that the chemo will shrink the liver tumor down to where they could remove the bad and hope for it to grow back good. The colon part has affected 4" near the lower part of the colon, but still in a "good" spot to easily remove it. That'll come first after the chemo has had a chance to work its magic.

For those that have suffered my warped sense of humor and sarcastic ways, you'll know that I'm all in for this battle. Negativity is a foreign thought to me and humor is my way of kicking cancer in the nuts. It'll be a long process, but my hope is that I will someday be able to get back in the 66 and drive it in "anger" on the track once more. Considering what I'm spending on the new engine and suspension upgrades, I damn well better!!

My first round of chemo, what a dork. Who smiles when getting drugs that make you your own nightlight??? At 54, I think I'm the youngest guy getting treatment...at least it looked that way today!

IMG_0856.jpg

Love the long KILT.

Stay thirsty....er, brave my friend.

By the way the pic makes your feet look huge! And you know what they say when a guy has big feet.......Heck I don't know I have small feet.

By the way the pic makes your feet look huge! And you know what they say when a guy has big feet.......Heck I don't know I have small feet.

Too bad it didn't make my ears look smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

From Infinity and beyond

Never Argue With A Moron– They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

A strong will and a positive attitude go a long way in this fight, and you have both of those. Keep the faith, brother!

Only the best bro. Thoughts and prayers.

Living the dream or running it down... Haven't figured out which yet.

Hang tough Mark, cancer can be beat. I have had two bouts with cancer over the past two years and after treatment so far so good, no cancer. Keep eating it is real easy to lose weight when your appetite is gone, you need to stay strong.

Keep up the fight....your attitude is great.
My Dad survived colon cancer for over 20 years after surgery and no bag needed. His skin cancer is what got him at 84. There is so much that can be done.....and keep the medical staff on their toes too. Our prayers are with you.

Mark.. to say the least I am stunned to hear this news. If anyone is set-up to beat this it is you. Sorry for all the shit you will be going through, but as it has been said before " Kick it's Ass Dude !!"

When that dreaded disease hits close to home it really makes you think about a lot of things. These forums that we all have met on have provided us an opportunity to develop friendships that while we may not have met, we all feel a sincere closeness. Fight the fight my friend. I too believe as Dale said, if anyone was built to beat this its certainly you. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. All the best.

Since this is the VGOFL I feel that I can say the following:
You need one of those T-shirts that says "Fuck Cancer" and wear it to your treatments. :D
My prostate cancer is in check so far, but I am still "in treatment" getting Lupron injection every 3 months. 2 More to go. I am right there with you in that sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. I had several biopsies done before I given the bad news. That is shove a needle up my butt and take chunks of flesh. Then shoving a tampon up there to stop the bleeding. Peeing a little red, but the spunk was red, then turned brown. (for about a month). Now I am impotent, shriveled up and have no drive. So yea Fuck cancer!

get well soon you sarcastic sob.

fd

It helps knowing that you all (y'all for my redneck brethren) are out there. Surprised the hell out of me, but had I not had the broken ankle (2 surgeries) and the nasty food poisoning episode, I would have noticed the signs sooner.

Back