• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cancer Sucks!

Mark, glad to hear you're thriving. Keep up the focus and one day we'll get on the track together.... I might run you over or vice versa.

Round 13 commenced yesterday.

Got a full treatment yesterday. Was only there for 6 1/2 hours :0 All the blood numbers were good. The platelets were up some, but not a lot. After a short discussion, we decided to go on with the treatment.

The best news was when Doc said 2 more rounds (including this one) and then stop all drugs, get scanned in 3 months and see where I'm at. If clean in 3, go for another 3 and so on and so on! The light at the end of the tunnel is getting pretty bright.

Final round of chemo is DONE!

Doc said that's it, you are done. Once a month visit and CT scan every 3 months unless something shows up. He said I'm good to go, but not to fast. To take it slow and work myself back to where I want to be. I was able to thank the entire Cancer Center staff before I left. I can't say enough good things about the Ames hospital, the cancer center, Docs, Nurses and all of the staff...they have been GREAT. I couldn't have made it to this day without them, Deb, family and my cyber friends I have here.

Thank you all. Sorry I'll be here longer to aggravate you.

And to top it off, Deb and I went to the range for a couple of hours and sent some .45 ACP's downrange as well as Deb's new pistol...Sig P238 SAS in a .380 ACP!

VDMRdWREGg_wNuI7DuiB7NjivFJAAjV7JYFc__vbx_gpX92IB

IYMe8N-X6KVVhHdMGonORopgr7dtHW0qBuJORJoToUMpX92IB

Pretty good for her first time shooting.

Last edited:
Back