• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cancer Sucks!

Right! Now time to go back to the kitchen and start baking cookies for all of us to have tomorrow!

Im sure I speak for all of us when I say I am relieved and pleased you have turned the corner with your fight. Congratulations !!

3 month update!

The Doc said I'm a NERD.

Ok, what he REALLY said was I'm NED (No Evidence of Disease). My comment was, that was close to being a nerd, so he quickly added "No Evidence of Residual Disease"...NERD. So, if someone were to ask how I'm doing, a correct response would be to say "I'm a stage 4 colon cancer survivor with no evidence of disease"

That said, we are over the top delighted about this news! Doc R even said he was "Super Pleased", with a huge smile while he was saying it. All of my blood numbers are either normal or on the verge of normal (except my pesky platelets, which are up...just not normal) and the liver functions are normal. Next Doc visit and scans in 3 months.

After getting all of this good news, Deb made the mistake of saying "let's do something fun...whatever you want to do" Well, my second choice was going to the Kart track in Des Moines, so off we went. It was nice to get back into something that had some semblance of speed! And I had the track all to myself!

I can't believe how FAST these Karts are!! Sorry for the vertical video, my camera crew knows not what they do.....

OK, here's some "real" laps. There were no PT's there today...very sad. And, No...I didn't break anything.

Kewl beans! And good for you for wearing a helmet, as that reduces the wind resistance from those ears, which decreases your lap times!

Back