• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cancer Sucks!

Mark, I am glad to see you finally 'won' on the track. Now you know what it is like.

Seriously, a clean bill of health after what you've been through is awesome news. Someone's watching out for you. I think it's CMayna.

3 month update!

After getting all of this good news, Deb made the mistake of saying "let's do something fun...whatever you want to do" Well, my second choice was going to the Kart track in Des Moines, so off we went.

Deb picked the second choice because she wanted to do something that would last longer than a minute. :D

Concrats on being a NERD

fd

It's been 3 more months and today's scans and blood report all came back CLEAR! No sign of any disease and my platelets are slowly getting back to normal. Doc gave me a clean bill of health and signed the paperwork required for me to go back racing!

First test day is set for April 15th. Hopefully, I can shift the cobwebs out of me and the car. I currently have 3 races on the schedule with maybe 1 or 2 more.

I tried to get the doc to remove the port, but he says to leave it in for at least another year! The likelihood of the cancer coming back decreases drastically after the first year. Looks like I'll need to make new thicker pads to attach to the HANS device to protect the port.

It's been 3 more months and today's scans and blood report all came back CLEAR! No sign of any disease and my platelets are slowly getting back to normal. Doc gave me a clean bill of health and signed the paperwork required for me to go back racing!

First test day is set for April 15th. Hopefully, I can shift the cobwebs out of me and the car. I currently have 3 races on the schedule with maybe 1 or 2 more.

I tried to get the doc to remove the port, but he says to leave it in for at least another year! The likelihood of the cancer coming back decreases drastically after the first year. Looks like I'll need to make new thicker pads to attach to the HANS device to protect the port.
Good news Knot Head.

Back