• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Car clubs?

"70_Fastback" said:
Hey now... Choose your words wisely my friend.

Sorry, I love the rat rod stuff. It takes skill and work to build one, not so much to buy one and lean against it if you catch my drift.

My father and I have been involved with a Ford Car Club since 1988 ( I was 15 years old... where has the time gone) at that time the club was mostly 65-70 Mustangs with a 72 HO Convertible (how rare is a hydraulic cammed Boss 351 convertible) being the exception... 2 guys had Boss 302s... 2 had 67 GT500s, 1 had a 65 GT350 and one had a Boss 429... there were a few 68-71 Torinos and a 66 7 litre... along with V8 Pintos and a hot 78 Fairmont... in reality though most of these cars were 20 or so years old or newer... and considered "Classics"... guys would street race em, go to the drags and enjoy them... my have times changed...

In the almost 4 months sence I posted this I have started attending some of the events for the local "classic car" club. I have a friend from church who is a member and the club president lives down the street from me. (He has a sweet 69 Plymouth GTX!). Anyway, I have not joined yet but I plan to once my car is completed (I hope by the end of this year). They have a cruise-in every month and two car shows a year. Most of the members have cars from the 60's and very early 70's. Membership is limited to 1977 and older cars, I like this group and what they do. They do have newer cars attend the cruise-in but the membership is limited to 1977 and older AMERICAN MADE cars. Their second car show is in a few weeks, if you are near the North Carolina Sandhills you should come and check them out.

http://www.sandhillsclassicstreetrods.com/index.htm

Back