• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Car Hire in the US

Johnny M

Hey all,
I am in the USA at the end of the month on business. I need to rent a Vehicle to comfortably carry 6 men(including driver)

I've had a look on the Hertz, thrifty websites and have come up with the following options.

Mini-van - not so hot on this idea

Ford Expedition - says it can carry 8 people...I would rather this SUV. I am guessing it has 3 rows of seats but are the last set does crappy uncomfortable fold out type seats?

I need to find something that is comfortable as we will be doing a few thousand miles in a short time.

All help is appreciated.

Johnny

Better get the big expedition. If you don't want a mini-van get a full size cargo van that carries up to 15. You coming through NC?

A guy at work rented a Toyota Tundra from National once, that thing was massive, the back seat could easily seat 3 guys, the front I assume was just as large. How much luggage do you plan on carrying, three rows of seating in an expedition may not leave a lot of room for luggage, tools and souvenirs. You may want to consider just renting two cars/trucks.

I will echo the other sentiments about passengers and luggage being a problem in most everything other than a large Econoline van with seating for 12. Typically you can rent two regular cars for the price of one Econoline. If you are carrying "only" five with luggage, a Cadillac Sedan de Ville is an option but the center rear passenger may be less than comfortable over long stretches.

We will be travelling light. One small-medium bag each. The last time my brother went to South American for 2 weeks he had hand luggage only.....

I'm not a fan of mini-vans so that is why i would prefer the V8 SUV....I guess I should stop caring so much and list myslef as the only driver and just turn the radio up when the people in the back start complaining..... :nice

We fly into Washington then head to western PA and possibly Eastern Kentucky

Duane,
I'd like to make it to NC to see you, Brian and possbile stop in with Dave but time is tight on this trip. We have to visit 3 rig sites in one week. Depending on how far north we are i might swing south and take the scenic route on the way back..... :toot

Wouldn't the size of car depend directly on how :3sum you guys will be during the trip? :yikes

Back