• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Childish = shutting down a site because it is April 1st

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
I dont think I need to elaborate, but after so many years, one would think that shutting down a website because it is April 1st would not become important anymore. Yet to some.......

Wait til CF9 comes along. Some of you better have another life.

There were enough people asking what was going to happen, I guess that is the best that can be done.

I agree the shutting down is stupid.

I laughed a bit when I saw it. It took me a minute cuz I thought the gov't took over the my pc. I almost went to get my foil beanie.

Kinda dumb if you ask me... what's purpose?

Too bad someone can't hack the site to redirect to this site!

Maybe its a blessing in disguise for maybe I'll get some work done on my cars. Example, I changed the oil and filter in the goat yesterday afternoon. Why? I couldn't get on the other site. So maybe I owe a thanks to someone? OK :bird

As I noted earlier, just wait til CF9. Save your car projects for that weekend so you'll have something to do.

i guess i don't get the childish reference.
if a site owner feels the need to take precautions to protect his site i'd say that's his perogative.
everybody here at the office had to install a patch on their computers cuz of the potential risk.
hell who knows how big a threat this could be.

If it was to protect his site, he should have posted that info. As it was, so late in the day, and done in the past, and a stupid redirect site, I doubt that it was a protection. Also, I found no other sites of any type down.

"joesgt281" said:
i guess i don't get the childish reference.
if a site owner feels the need to take precautions to protect his site i'd say that's his perogative.
everybody here at the office had to install a patch on their computers cuz of the potential risk.
hell who knows how big a threat this could be.

Every April fools day, this happens. Believe me, it is not a precautionary act.

Yep, it's been going on for years. It's only been the last three years or so that he's shut the site down. He used to do funny things, like make Charles the admin, or ban certain words.

The site was not down Craig. I was on it through out the day.

Bookmark the "forum" link and you won't have a problem.

I think The joke was some people were able to figure it out and some complained about it.
I look at it is 1 day out of the year that he doesn't have to worry about patrolling a completely free to anybody site for rude or offensive people or suggestions. :conf

Back