• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Christmas present

B67FSTB

The NorCal dude from Belgium
Beside all the gifts I got for christmas , I bought one for myself. (selfish ,I know ! )
I have been asked by a few man to work on their cars ( 84 Porsche 3.0 SC and 74 Mercedes SL450 ) , so I decided to buy this tool to use on their cars and of course on mine.
I know , you don't use it often , but I am a tool guy .
equus 5568.jpg

Merry Christmas to you! I need one of those. The timing light I'm using is a family heirloom from the 1960's.

I lost mine and bought a new one. My first one was 1979 vintage. My Craftsman engine analyser stopped working but I still have it.

That one looks cool.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That's pretty fancy!

I almost bought myself this for my garage. Someone is selling it near me. It would be a fun piece for decoration if nothing else
d60cdcb596bdb604c92e1caf2bd0411d.jpg
c1f4024d698ec0c942fc735aa89e17eb.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I think I bought the second one because I thought the first one was failing. I think my engine was misfiring on number one. At least that's what I remember. So now I have two...and a K'ish 289 which corrected the issue altogether.

Oh...and that's what I told my wife.

Beside all the gifts I got for christmas , I bought one for myself. (selfish ,I know ! )
I have been asked by a few man to work on their cars ( 84 Porsche 3.0 SC and 74 Mercedes SL450 ) , so I decided to buy this tool to use on their cars and of course on mine.
I know , you don't use it often , but I am a tool guy .
View attachment 30674
Bruno,
I have the same light and like it a lot although to be honest I have only used it for the most basic function of setting base timing so far.

That's pretty fancy!

I almost bought myself this for my garage. Someone is selling it near me. It would be a fun piece for decoration if nothing else
d60cdcb596bdb604c92e1caf2bd0411d.jpg
c1f4024d698ec0c942fc735aa89e17eb.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
I watch for those things on Craigslist myself. I think, like you, that one would be very cool in the garage. Just takes up so much space is the only negative.

Bruno,
I have the same light and like it a lot although to be honest I have only used it for the most basic function of setting base timing so far.

The best thing I have used it for is checking dwell. I only thought my points gap was correct until I used the dwell function on the light. Not useful for you electronic ignition guys however.

Back