• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Concert posters

crustycurmudgeon

I want to share what I was up to last week. Any music fan from the Bay Area is no doubt familiar with Fillmore concert posters. There are other music venues that released posters as well, but the classic Fillmore posters are the standard. If you attend a sold out concert at the Fillmore Auditorium in San Francisco (and a few other venues), you can expect to be handed a poster on your way out. I had collected a handful of these posters with the intention of eventually getting them matted and framed, but the cost was always prohibitive--at least $100 at someplace like Michaels. That's a ripoff! I found an online source for frames for under $50 each and the matboards are about $10. The mat cutter was almost $100, but would only take two posters to make it worthwhile. It's not difficult at all to mat and frame your own posters and prints. What took the most time was double, triple, and quadruple checking my measurements, math and cut lines. Once you cut you can't uncut. The ticket stubs added a bit of complexity to the project but the two that I've done so far came out, in my opinion, better than if I had had Michaels or the like do them. I had the time to make sure everything was right before making the cuts, while a "professional" is pressed to get it done quickly. I saw some that a co-worker had professionally done and there were issues that I wouldn't have been happy with.

concertposters-jpg.30171

Attachments

• ConcertPosters.jpg
    ConcertPosters.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 39
Nice, Frank. My wife's cousin had a drafting table where he would make them. He made one for us when we went to Germany in 1999. I'll see if I can dig it up

Those do look cool. Wish I had kept all mine from my youth. I had a lot of autographed ones. I used to have an in at events and sold programs at the venues. When you were done selling, you could see the rest of the convert for free.

Back