• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Concert

O

opentrackerSteve

Contemplating attending Ringo Starr and his All Star band at the Greek Theater in Aug.

I am considering bringing my mother, wife and son and possibly my neice. Would you do haul family along for something like that? I think it would be a blast.....

Yes, August 7th at the Greek is his last announced/scheduled show this year. Out of curiousity, what are the ticket prices? His "All-Starr" line-up is "okay" this year, but he's had much better in past years. Rick Derringer? The former soap opera actor who released a one hit wonder crooner album? Gary Wright? Dream Weaver is the only memorable song I remember him doing. The "all starr" band isn't much of a shining star. With this said....

Would you do haul family along for something like that?

Heck no, but I'd go. This is how I see it.... your kids/neice want to spend time with you, but wasting the money on concert tickets that they could give a rats ass about the performers is a waste of money. Take them to see the latest animated voiceover Disney movie that showcases different animals farting and they'll be just as happy if not moreso. Besides, if I was in the audience at your concert I'd be stoned out of my mind. Would you really want your kids exposed to me? Expect to be surrounded by people high on something.

Your mother? Make time for mom on Thanksgiving and Christmas, not concerts.

Take the wife, pick up some weed for the show and have a good time. With no kids/mom there your wife can thank you on the trip home. Put a pack of gum in the glovebox.

your response would be more appropriate for attending the dick dale concert this Sat in San Clemente.

my son and neice are both 18 and this would be an excellent opportunity to witness living history. Your right on Mom.

Regarding prices, 'decent' seats are 100.00 per seat. The Greek is an excellent venue - we (wife, son, nephews, niece) saw the Black Eyed Peas there a couple of years ago....

my son and neice are both 18 and this would be an excellent opportunity to witness living history.

Ah, 18 year old "kids" changes everything and you're right that the Greek is probably the best venue on the whole tour.

Back