• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Convertible windshield/a pillar trim, sealing out water?

steveh326

Does anyone know what I need to use when reinstalling the side and top windshield trim to keep water from running under the trim and inside the car? Been to many years and I don't remember what was in there, whether weatherstrip type product or some type of calk?

Much appreciated if anyone knows...

When the glass gets installed with the surrounding gasket the whole thing is sealed off with bedding/glazing compound. Nothing additional is used when installing the trim. BUT...before you install the trim and after the glass is installed be sure to pour water all around the area to make sure things are water tight. The the trim is snapped on.

thanks guys. the windshield is in and sealed... since my car is a convertible, I am wondering if the chrome strip across the top of the windshield frame (the piece that the convertible top rests on) needs to be sealed, to keep rain water from blowing under it at speed, and then running inside the car. similar issue along side pillars on the windshield frame, I could see water getting blown in there.

Back