• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Correct assembly sequence -booster/clutch linkage/steering column/etc

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
It's been way too long so I better consult with the elite....Oh well, I guess you guys will have to do. Slowly assembling Shag and I'm at firewall area, rewiring the monster's dash. Have finished running the wires thru the firewall and would like to install booster and MC to finish up the brake system.

I do not want to install the steering column for I think I'll be under the dash for some time so can I wait on it's installation and just do the booster, MC, pedal hangar assy now? I realize the pedal hangar assy does fasten to the dash and wonder if I'll be having to remove it when I install the steering tube. Want to minimize the number of times I remove items.

Finally, I'm installed Shag's original Z bar clutch linkage which Opentracker has rollerized for me beside reinforcing it. Is it critical to install the pivot bracket to the front frame rail now or can I wait?

"cmayna" said:
It's been way too long so I better consult with the elite....
I realize the pedal hangar assy does fasten to the dash and wonder if I'll be having to remove it when I install the steering tube.
From one Craig to another, no you won't have to remove the pedal hanger to install the steering column tube. The column goes under the pedal hanger...
72_13_02_09_8_37_24.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig to Craig. Mucho thanks, but do you really want to be a member of "Grab her Orange"?

you have a point, as a great lyrasist once said "I really love her peaches, want to shake her tree" Maybe I'll switch to peach... :hmm

Craig,

Get the pedal hanger and booster/MC installed before you finish your underdash wiring. The wiring routes around the pedal hanger to some extent and I'd have the hanger in place before I routed all of the wiring.

Dave,
Today I'm going to install the fresh air vent and then tomorrow, JeffTepper and kbmwrs are coming over to my work so we can do an alignment on Jeff's car. Though they don't know it, they're going to then help me install the pedal hanger, booster/mc. Thanks.

Back