• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Coupe to Fastback build 67/68

"S8NS 289" said:
Holy Kitty hair! that is gonna suck to sand if that is what i think it is, Short strand Bondo Glass-EverGlass?,

Looks good though! Will be a mean lookin car!
I wouldn't have bonded them on myself, but it's not my car anymore! I'm glad someone else is doing the bodywork!

not sure anyone cares how this is going but I snapped a few more pics. I don't care for the door-to-scoop mods myself but it's kinda different.
The scoops stick out so far that they cut up another door and are building up the door on the car...
543721_520473258004212_1090424283_n.jpg

582613_520473328004205_1818310928_n.jpg

379353_520473394670865_946968799_n.jpg

"janschutz" said:
Scoops do look big. Not my style.
yeah, one of the reasons I liked the "Eleanor" look was the scoop on the side looked like it was part of the original sculpted shape. By having it stick out so far it looks like an add on rather than designed into the car...

It was mentioned earlier that this might be a MTF bodykit, It's NOT. You don't even need bodyfiller on the doors when using our scoops.

yes, I told him to buy yours so I thought he did but obviously he didn't! He did say he talked to you...

I think I would have trimmed the scoops down. What's he going to do with that inch thick door edge?

Wow, I'm not digging what they did to the door. I would have trimmed that scoop alot. Interested to see how it comes out.

Bill

Another E-Car build :yah...I dont feel so lonely anymore....

Interesting Project.

If I "did it all again" the one thing I would do different is pay the extra money to get the rear end caps, upper and lower side scoops fabricated in steel....Bonding FG to steel is without doubt going to cause problems eventually..The costs would be high but relative to the cost of doing a full E-car build it would be justifiable.

I used the side scoops from South West Fabrications which did not require any doors mods.

DSC01935.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, steel would be cool. I didn't bond mine on, everything is bolt-on and can be removed and/or replaced. I knew I would be driving it and abusing it. It's been five years now and still looks good. Mine also didn't require any door mods.

"67 Fastback" said:
That is gonna take alot of filler to look right. Plus that door is gonna be heavy.
Think of what all that filler will do after the door is slammed a hundred times

Back