• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Craigslist mustang contest Day 1

So I'm surfin craigslist, looking at project cars for sale and I see this ad, http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/964243458.html

Check out the chain.........

3k93pc3lc1131341419149c15079094b81e7a.jpg

That should keep anyone from stealing this "Shelby"

Surfin Craigslist makes me think we should start a contest....

Here's how it will work, Everyday, I'll post pictures and the majority of the ad comments (price and phone number will be removed) from an actual craigslist ad. I will also give a general area of the country so you can base your guess on rust, no rust, etc. You get one vote each on what you think the seller is asking for the car in the ad.

The following day I'll post up the previous days winner and a link to the ad. I will keep track of the winners and each week we will have a champion, who will be rewarded for his or her victory. Winner will be based on being either the correct or closest guess to the actual asking price in the ad. Tie breakers for the daily contest will be awarded to the person that submited their vote first. If there is tie for the week, the winner will be the person closest to the actual asking price.

For the first weeks prize we will have an official Stangfix T-shirt (your choice of L or XL). If you would like to donate a prize for the contest, please send me a PM.

If for some reason I post the car of your dreams and you simply must have it, shoot me a PM and I'll send you a link to the ad (but you will be ineligible for the contest for that day).

The first weeks contest will be Tuesday, 1/6/09-1/10/09, following weeks will be Mon-Fri only (5 chances per week).

Here is todays:

12a13814a3n93p03of8cmf9477e79a42c1250.jpg

1381gc1403kf3m53o58cm9e58015904b71ee7.jpg

1fd1231433nb3kd3lf8cmcbac9084e1f41969.jpg

AD
"for sale 1967 mustang convertible. 6 cyl auto has power top power steering rebuilt brake system. Fairly solid car comes with extra parts. New seat covers carpets, top. Also has new floorpans they had been repaired but didn't look good so I ordered new pans. Just don't have time for it now"

Re: Craigslist mustang

That looks just like my car when I purched it. How funny! I paid $6500 but think the price will be $7500 now. Probably low but we'll see.

Back