• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Credit where credit is due!

Ponyman66

Yak, yak, yak
Several years ago the wife asked what I wanted for my b-day. I told her a cold air kit for my truck. Well, that's what I got. Unfortunately it was a K&N kit almost like what I wanted but without the airbox. It was also special ordered so she couldn't return it. I bit the bullet and installed what I had...still happy to have one, though REALLY wanting that airbox with it.

I recently found K&N has all of the installation instructions on their website including the kit that included the airbox. In those instructions is a parts breakdown. While most of it is just common hardware, obviously the airbox and gasket are unique. There's also several pieces of hardware and a bracket that are also unique. I then found I could order the airbox and gasket from Summit, which I did, but the other pieces weren't available. I emailed K&N support and they told me to contact customer service for the parts.

Since I currently have no work to report in to (Gov't shutdown), I called K&N today. Getting the pieces was no problem. After taking my order for the needed parts and a mailing address they told me everything would ship out today. GREAT! But one thing, what about payment?! Nope! They GAVE them to me! No, I didn't give them some sob story, just told them I needed the parts. THAT'S some customer service! KUDOS to K&N for looking out for their customers! :thum

Re: Credit when credit is due!

It is great to hear of such stories of suppliers that's become so rare. :thum

Figured I'd post a follow up. As I stated in the original post I ordered my main parts from Summit, but had to call K&N for several small pieces. When you order from Summit, the parts are listed as shipping out of the vendors warehouse (i.e. K&N). Today when the UPS guy brought the pieces I had ordered from Summit, lo and behold, the small pieces also arrived at the same time. No waiting! :yah :yah

I can't express enough how impressed I am with the service. It has indeed became a rare thing. That's why I crow on about it, in hope other businesses follow their example!!

Back