• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

"custom" grant steering wheel

SELLERSRODSHOP

i'm OCD in the shop about wasting materials, :craz so always keep a few items laying around to spread that last bit of filler on, shoot that last bit of primer, leftover paint etc. here is a walnut rimmed grant steering wheel i did a number on which IMHO made it much nicer than they are new from grant. i took it completely apart, stripped & repainted everything in silver metallic base/clear including the rear fingergrip ring which is usually black. looks "cleaner" this way to me. the walnut ring was sanded & refinished with about 4-5 coats of high gloss clear over the natural wood (no stain) the center hub bolts were polished & the walnut ring was reattached with polished countersunk stainless hex screws & nutserts installed in the rear fingergrip ring in place of the original aluminum rivets that corrode & look like dammit after a few years. i couldn't find a horn button, but will paint one free of charge if provided by the buyer. asking $60 + shipping, which is about what the materials would cost to restore one like this.

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

Back