• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dakota Digital VHX

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Anyone here familiar or used this new system? I was never a fan of the original as it seemed out of place to me in that it felt like a generic modern gauge was retrofitted into the dash. This new design is a lot different. It maintains the original layout but incorporates modern tech without seeming intrusive to the classic look. This has always been very important to me in my car's build. Anyway, take a look and give me your experience with it or opinions.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....t_id=988/category_id=434/mode=prod/prd988.htm

I just finished wiring the car and the way I did it allows fairly easy change to this system. I'm thinking of making the swap from my current gauge cluster.

I like it . ( but not the variant with the blue or red digi display ) .
Your choice of white or black background.
I think its just perfect for your car the way you built it .
My 0.02 eurocent.

Thanks for validating my thoughts, Bruno. Plan would be black face with standard white lighting.

It looks like a nice way to get new tech in an old style look. I prefer the 5 round gauge set up over the standard 65 panel layout so I would pass. If they offered similar on the 5 round I would pull the trigger.

It looks like a nice way to get new tech in an old style look. I prefer the 5 round gauge set up over the standard 65 panel layout so I would pass. If they offered similar on the 5 round I would pull the trigger.
They do sell that set up. I looked at it and it shows the same price as the 65 set up. Looks sweet.

My question is when are you going to ask us what color you should repaint the car.

I like them. Gonna put them in my camaro.

If they would put a volt/amp meter in the tach on the 67 I would replace my autometers in my 67 coupe.

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I had the JME autometer cobalt setup in my 65. Loved it. Lights up blue.

The Captain has JME autometer black with white lettering.

I like Kelly's setup in Jane. Looks stock but you have all gauges right in front of you.

Mel

What's your current setup? I'm looking for a decent aftermarket cluster for my 65.
I put together this set-up. I used Classic Instruments for gauges. They are top quality pieces. I wanted something different than the same old Autometer stuff everyone uses. Something more befitting the car. The panel is a piece by MP Products that I refinished to have a camera black inset to compliment the standard glove box. It's wired with plug-in connectors to make install and removal easier.
gauge mock-up.JPG

Somebody write down that odometer reading so we can see how far he drives it in the next year. However, Maybe it's broken because it's been the same for several years!

Back