• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dave S: Boiled Peanuts?

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
Dear Mr. Sanborn,
Various folks have enticed me to eat various southern delicacies: okra, fried dill pickles, grits, etc. These I can tolerate. But what do you recommend when one is offered boiled peanuts?
A. Accept them graciously, but throw them away just as soon as you can.
2. Accept them, but feed them to the dogs.
iii. Decline politely, stating you're a Yankee.
(d). Laugh hysterically in their face.
V. Get out the trusty baseball bat and start swinging.

or something else? Please help, as an uncoming gathering is just around the corner and I know I will be facing this situation. I'd like to respond in the proper Sanborn way.

Don't worry Mid. I think if those nasty things show up at the gathering, Sanborn will be there in person to respond to this question, and quite frankly, I think more of the dislikers will be in attendance than the likers, so we'll just .........well, you get the idea!

I'm with you Mid, the mere sight of boiled peanuts turns my stomach. Eating boiled peanuts is an acquired taste. I have no desire to acquire the taste for them.

So to answer the question before me, considering the expected present company, I would politely decline.

I wouldn't give them to my dog either.... someone elses dog, yes, but not my dog, I like him.

PP30517.jpg

You're :gobp cause you don't like em????? Hey, to each his own.

Are they really that much different from say, peanut butter? Just curious. I love peanut butter...

LOL, nothing like peanut butter, they are soft salty peanuts.

Not even crunchy, plus you have to pluck it out of the shell...kinda like gett'n the toy out of the cracker jack box, but better!

Hey, my wife was born in New Jersey and raised in Califorina and she could not stand the smell,sight or taste of those little gifts from God. Years and years go by and now she loves the smell of a big pot cooking and fights me for the big ones. They all come around...............sooner or later.

Well, everyone needs a serious character flaw....you seem to have 2 :dumas

"silverblueBP" said:
Well, everyone needs a serious character flaw....you seem to have 2 :dumas
I think I see a pattern and a common denominator here. :crazy

Back