1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dicktard NFL Players

Discussion in 'Politics, Guns, and a can of Whoop Ass!' started by 3175375, Sep 25, 2017.

1. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

NFL players who won't stand for the National Anthem need to leave the Country- pathetic

FordDude, RapidRabbit and Mach1Mark like this.
  2. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

I agree, quit F'ing whining. You get paid millions of dollars to play football, just play and respect the fact that people have died for that freedom.

Trump needs to stop egging then on. He's just making worse. Now their just doing it to protest him. Ridiculous!

3. gt289

gt289 Member

In basic agreement.
    My asinine insurance provider (USAA), whom I've been with for 32 years, just decided to hop on the NFL players support bandwagon.
    Their CEO just got a nice email from me this morning on what I think about his latest brainfart.

4. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

Virtually no one was paying it any mind anymore and it was in danger of flaming out so certain media types decided to ramp up the talk about it, a few attention whore types jumped on the band wagon and it caught some wind. The idiot decided to chime in and turned the fake force behind it into a damn hurricane. Now if everyone will just ignore it again it will fade away. But before it does, I for one would sure love for someone to explain what it is they are all bitching about in the first place!

RapidRabbit likes this.
  5. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Gee, I thought that America was somewhat unique in this world because of the right of free speech, the ability to redress grievances in a civil manner, and toleration of other peoples' public statements; that is what I thought was a strong message of patriotism. I guess patriotism is best described as blind allegiance to a symbol, either the flag or National Anthem and complete conformity to expected behavior. Thank you for setting me straight.

c6fastback and Kelly_H like this.
  6. Horseplay

Yep to all that but just one little important point. All that freedom comes because of this being America and all that our history and the people of it made possible. As we continually drift further and further away from what once made America so great (I completely do not want to sound like Trump with this) the one thing that HAD always held everyone together was our nationalism/patriotism. Choosing to defile that to get attention has a way of pissing some folks off. And that is EXACTLY what so many groups do these days. I find it very ironic that intentionally disrespecting the ultimate symbol of our unity is somehow supposed to make others feel some sense of solidarity to a cause.
    We are talking about professional athletes doing these stunts. The same ones who have microphones and cameras stuffed in their faces anytime they are in public. Me thinks they have plenty of opportunity to gain positive attention for their cause aside from this crap.

7. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels Donator

They have every right to protest et-al. Just like everything else though, that doesn’t mean you won’t suffer consequences from that choice. People pay way too much money and spend too much time on professional sports to have to sit through the disrespect. They don’t have to pay that money and without it, that business will fail. No different than if you go to any other business and get “preached” too.

Stop idolizing these crybabies and this will go away.

That includes you fanboyz playing “fantasy foolsball”

tarafied1 likes this.
  8. Mach1Rider

Mach1Rider Member

The point was missed by them....
    Yes you do have the right under the !st to protest and give your message out.
    The point is do it on your own time, Not my dime.
    I pay for the ticket, parking, food and such to see you display your talent and watch a game.
    Not have you shove your views at me, Even though I served to allow you those rights to speak your mind.

c6fastback and msell66 like this.
  9. GypsyR

GypsyR just some guy

Why do people who claim to against racism (IE, they want races to be more unified) keep doing crap they know will be divisive? Just popped into my head.

C6ZZGT and sgtjunior like this.
  10. 70 StangMan

70 StangMan Well-Known Member Donator

Just dropped Sunday Ticket and am out of Fantasy. Look for a good q-back on waivers. I'm done with this shit. Peace out.

msell66 likes this.
  11. Kelly_H

Kelly_H Young Grasshopper

Is this thing getting way fucking overblown? Absofuckinglutely.

But do these people have the right to a peaceful protest? Absofuckinglutely.

I think it is nuts that they feel so strongly about this that they are willing to potentially give up their enormous salaries to demonstrate how much of a problem we have in this country. I think it is nuts that people didn't freak out over the whole Tebow thing but are freaking out over this, and vice versa. I think it is nuts that people are freaking out this much at all. Either help solve the problem by not overreacting and instead trying to understand other points of view, or sit down and turn the damn TV off and quit your bitching. Maybe if everyone quit watching NFL, they'd eventually get bored enough that they'd go out and be good neighbors or do good things in the world. Who knows. I suspect we'll never know because people are just going to be offended and complain until the next crisis crops up to draw their attention.

Last week I was out learning about rocks and hanging out with a bunch of scientists who just want to know more about the world we live in. No politics, just cool sciencey stuff. And then I have to come back to this horseshit and all I've heard about since I got home was some damn football players like we don't have other things to worry about in the world. How about Puerto Rico and the complete demolition of the northern Caribbean? How about Mexico and thousands of people stuffed under buildings? What about oh, I don't know, the threat of nuclear war with North Korea? I mean, SERIOUSLY?!

Oh yeah, and one more thing that really bugs me about this whole thing - I have never in my life seen anyone get up off the couch to stand, hand over heart, for the national anthem while watching football from home. If you don't think you need to get up from your couch, clearly you didn't care much about it in the first place. So you better ask yourself why you suddenly care now. I bet most of you wouldn't have even noticed people not standing if the news hadn't gone out of its way to point it out.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

Midlife likes this.
  12. Horseplay

Guilty of not standing at home. To be honest, I rarely am in the room at that time. In the kitchen whipping up snacks and such. When at a game, be it pro or HS...whatever, you can bet I stand and have smacked a guy or two on the back of their head for not removing his hat, etc. The anthem represents our unity and if hearing it doesn't stir someone's patriotic soul they were brought up different than most of us. That's the beef in this. There are a million and one other times and places to protest. Most would afford the opportunity to better express the protests beliefs.
    I get what you are referencing and agree there are plenty of people jumping on the anger bandwagon about this who have/are just as guilty of showing less than the expected respect to our flag and anthem but that doesn't make the resentment wrong. And would people have noticed without the heavy media coverage? Likely, no. Hard to see what the camera doesn't show. But the media does show it. And this Sunday, the first 20 minutes of almost every airing was completely about the subject thanks to the idiot in charge. The really sad part is nothing good will develop from this because of how it all came down. The protestor's message will not be heard. We just have to endure all the media driven BS for a a period of time before interest fades and a new story takes over.

13. Horseplay

Oh buck up, skippy. Long season. 10 more weeks of regular action before the playoffs begin. Still anyone's game.

14. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

I personally don't watch football anymore. Overpaid crap. This country glorifies football players and for what.

This whole thing is blown out of proportion, but that's what they want. They are doing it to get attention and we are giving it to them.

Grabber70Mach and msell66 like this.
  15. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

16. Grabber70Mach

Grabber70Mach Well-Known Member

Basically they are a bunch of overpaid entertainers nothing more. They should just shut their mouths already and get back to what everyone in America pays them to do. Entertain us with your great feats of athleticism.

msell66 and RapidRabbit like this.
  17. Kelly_H

Kelly_H Young Grasshopper

Steve, you've completely missed my point.

Military or not, wars or not, country or not, everyone has the right to protest per our constitution, which is what is supposed to make us the "land of the free". Protests are never convenient. They're not supposed to be convenient. If they were, nothing would ever get done. So yeah, it sucks that you've got to watch it and be uncomfortable, but these people are sitting for a reason. It's not "oh, my salary isn't high enough, screw the American flag!". It's "oh, racial profiling is back on the rise and innocent people are getting murdered and people are getting away with it and maybe this will at least raise a little bit of awareness on the issue because people won't quit turning a blind eye". I mean, how much of the population just didn't give a shit about this issue until it ruined twenty minutes of their FOOTBALL?! Can you not see how absurd that is?

It is entirely possible to believe in your country and not agree with everything going on in it at the time. Blind nationalism is NOT what the US is supposed to operate on. Here's a direct example. My grandfather is Japanese. He got to spend the first years of his life here in America - where he had been BORN - in an internment camp. Just hanging out behind bars because of his parents' nationality and his slanty eyes, while the world passed him by. This dude has every reason to hate America. But he joins the army and goes over to Korea anyways without a word of complaint. Came back, did some more time, moved on and lived his life and eventually people forgot they hated Japanese because they decided they hated black people and Mexicans more.

Japanese people remember discrimination in a very real way. My grandfather was and is able to differentiate between doing the right thing to help in the defense of others and his home, and blindly reacting to defend a country without thinking about what he's doing. The government beat him down, and he still stepped up to help when in need. But he also recognizes the need for people to affect change in whatever legal means they can, because the people are what drives the future of the country. Even with his military history, he would never say someone's a retard for "disrespecting the flag" by sitting down, nor would he say they're "just being babies". These people are more highly visible and thus more able to affect change than the vast majority of the population. Shit, if they don't do anything about it, who will? Will we just let ourselves backslide for the sake of our own convenience? I sure hope I'm better than that.

Midlife likes this.
  18. Horseplay

Respecting the anthem and our flag is not blind nationalism. Protest all you want but leave that alone. Not too much to ask.

Grabber70Mach likes this.
  19. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Some people disagree with you, and you should be able to respect that. That doesn't mean you have to agree with them, only tolerate their choice civilly.

20. Horseplay

And then where do we draw the line? If having a unified appreciation that the flag, as a representation of our nation and its ideals, is to be respected as such is not universally understood? How is this not a valid expectation of every citizen of our nation?

It boggles the mind that people can think it right to use the freedoms our nation grants to piss right back on her. Respect their position? Not going to happen so long as they disrespect my country. Sorry