• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dodgers

Way to go Dodgers to make it to the World Series! All cylinders are firing. Hernandez is on fire!

Like I told my BFF "woop te do" He more or less was just as thrilled when my Pens won the Stanley Cup again. We have known each other for almost 50 years.

fd

It is the Dodgers championship to lose

dont count on that. many years ago teh dodgers faced the yankees in the world series, late 70s or early 80s i dont remember, and the dodgers went up 3-1 and everyone was saying the dodger were going to win the series, and i kept saying dont count the yankees out just yet. turns out the yankees roared back and won the series 4-3. but we shall see since the dodgers might face the astros this year. if they do, i am rooting for th dodgers.

Not sure who I dislike more , the Yankees or the Dodgers .
Been a lifelong fan of the Pirates , born in Pittsburgh , and the Giants ...
lived in the Bay Area for many years .

I miss the great years of Koufax and Drysdale, maybe the best pair of starting pitchers on a single team, along with Vin Scully calling the play-by-play. Those were the days when pitchers went 9 full innings if they were ahead. Drysdale had 58 consecutive shutout innings and 167 complete games, IIRC. Koufax was equally unstoppable, with a typical 4 hits allowed per game at his prime and 4 no-hitters including one perfect game.

And like tell my best friend. Did you win your last game? That is all that counts, no one remembers the looser...
So the National League won the world series? Wait... what? the Astros are now in the American League? Whatever... go stros

fd

Down to the game for all the marbles. Game tonight should be exciting. Dodger pitchers are all ready

Down to the game for all the marbles. Game tonight should be exciting. Dodger pitchers are all ready
Looks like all the pitchers were ready to do is serve up the ball to the Astros batters in the first couple of innings. Overall it was a really good series though.

Game 5 was epic. Hats off to the Astros
Dervich did not pitch well
I spoke to a guy who took his 3 grown kids to game 6 and he said it was epic

Last edited:
Back