• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dog training question???

Culture as in yogurt or sourdough bread cultures? I got several cultures growing in my refrigerator...

We were completely honest with the young lady about the dog and his issues. She said she was willing to work with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were completely honest with the young lady about the dog and his issues. She said she was willing to work with him.

Try adopting a dog that's 2 or 3 years old and already trained. I have 2 rescue dogs, one from Puerto Rico (dead dog beach), and never had a problem with either one of them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rescue dogs are the best. Two of mine are such. Not only are they usually not young pups who may have not yet mastered control of their functions, they also genuinely seem to know you have saved them and appreciate it. You can see the joy in their faces when they realize they are "getting out" of the shelter. Better yet, it seems they never forget. My guys would rather blow up than make a mess in the house and let me down.

the dog we had for many years was a rescue, she was a Great Pyrenees Collie mix. She was a great dog. She was older when we got her and she lived to be around 10 or so, not sure of her actual age. The dog before that one was also a rescue but was pretty old and didn't live for much over a year. My wife was pretty torn up about losing both of those dogs and so she thought a puppy would be around a long time. She just wasn't prepared to train this one and I am sure he was bred too much (if that's a thing?). He did not give any indication of when he needed to go. Even though my wife took him out on a regular schedule he sometimes would wait until he came back in to do his business. He also was not very good at many other things but that made me the most upset. I hated living in his toilet. My wife put up gates everywhere to limit where he could go, I felt like I was living in a cage. Also we live on a dead end street but he would bark at everything and sometimes nothing. It was incredibly annoying. I could go on and on but I just don't like little yippie dogs and he got on my nerves. I put up with it because my wife was happy at first, but when she started being pissed off at him all time I decided enough was enough.
The new owner, a 26 year old who works nights, has had him for a little bit now. She seams to be happy with him. I haven't heard any specifics on how he is doing but she sends my wife pics and short texts saying she is happy with him. So it's all good.

We just brought this one home Saturday
dc00a126a6c1e7cdf497189a74a5d458.jpg
d8348003b4a799a7937b6d1d2f2308a8.jpg

Back