• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Don't Bother Posting Here.....

wow! I am sad how the site has been declining but I myself am part to blame I guess. I used to live on here and post daily. I felt at one point I needed to back off as maybe I was posting for the sake of responding to a thread. I am still friends with many of you outside of the fix and owe this site a lot for creating the connection.
I have to admit Facebook has been my biggest reason for not visiting the forums. It used to be for teens I guess to socialize but I have found that there are groups of nuts that post on FB about cars, politics, guns, anything! It's easy to upload pics, I can access it on my phone easier, and not limited to one forum on this site and another on a different site. Even keep up with my kids and family.
This place was started mostly because of the BS that went on at the other site. A lot of the new members had been booted even. I was introduced to it by Dave and got to know Sluggo and eventually so many others. It was a place we could talk about anything without the judgmental people or posts being removed or getting banned. We were rebels in a way.
Now many of those same people are on FB and I talk with a lot of the guys by texting too. Things on the fix did slow way down so as less people post, I checked less often I suppose. I don't know the reason for certain but I have been neglecting the Fix.
I'm still messing with projects but my kids are growing up on me too. One is a dad, another in college and the youngest will graduate HS in May. Life is different for me than when the Fix started!
I have met a lot of you guys in person and feel like family with almost everyone.

Well I'm still here too. But there hasn't been much to talk about lately.

It used to be I would log on and have a dozen topics to catch-up on everday.

It is sad. This place is my escape from the real world and now I have to actually talk to my family.....ugh.

Well I'm still here too. But there hasn't been much to talk about lately.

It used to be I would log on and have a dozen topics to catch-up on everday.

It is sad. This place is my escape from the real world and now I have to actually talk to my family.....ugh.
lol

My escape from the real world begins when I actually start talking to myself; at least it makes a lot of sense when I listen!

Guys I am still here just been real busy with my new Job.. If you need anything just send me a pm...

Emilio I completely respect the fact that you have set priorities, with family and work being first. The unanswered post I made that prompted this thread was made 5 months ago though. Your profile showed you had been on here several times (at least), during that time period. Was my question just not important enough to warrant a response during that time? I appreciate the fact that you have now responded to it. The response you've posted today though certainly wasn't a lengthy post that required massive amounts of your time. While your new job may occupy most of your time, is the site simply going to be left to die on the vine? I ask not with the intent to be snarky, but as an honest question. There have been many friendships and relations made here through the years. I would hate to see that go away, but if we all need to start looking elsewhere to "gather" please let me (us) know!

Emilio I completely respect the fact that you have set priorities, with family and work being first. The unanswered post I made that prompted this thread was made 5 months ago though. Your profile showed you had been on here several times (at least), during that time period. Was my question just not important enough to warrant a response during that time? I appreciate the fact that you have now responded to it. The response you've posted today though certainly wasn't a lengthy post that required massive amounts of your time. While your new job may occupy most of your time, is the site simply going to be left to die on the vine? I ask not with the intent to be snarky, but as an honest question. There have been many friendships and relations made here through the years. I would hate to see that go away, but if we all need to start looking elsewhere to "gather" please let me (us) know!
As long as I still have a job this and all my sites will not go away. This site having adults was running smoothly, without me at the helm. Yes, I popped in once in awhile because I was making sure we still have the latest and greatest software still up to date. Sorry I missed your post.. When I get home will fix asap...

As long as I still have a job this and all my sites will not go away. This site having adults was running smoothly, without me at the helm. Yes, I popped in once in awhile because I was making sure we still have the latest and greatest software still up to date. Sorry I missed your post.. When I get home will fix asap...

I am not sure "popping in" is enough to keep a forum fresh and active. Hell we have had the same car of the month on the header for well over a year. I think Stangfix would do better with a more active administrator!

I am not sure "popping in" is enough to keep a forum fresh and active. Hell we have had the same car of the month on the header for well over a year. I think Stangfix would do better with a more active administrator!
which one? I was never in charge of that:)

I wonder if we still had a Stang of the month if that alone wouldn't help a bit.

What was once an easy task became too hard. I got overwhelmed and had to take a break. (From the site) Made a post about it last November and got what I felt was no interest.

fd

What was once an easy task became too hard. I got overwhelmed and had to take a break. (From the site) Made a post about it last November and got what I felt was no interest.

fd

Who are you ??

Sent from my iPhone using Smackatalk

Who are you ??

Sent from my iPhone using Smackatalk

A shell of my former self. I used to have energy, could hear, and had goals.
Now all that I want to do is sit in my recliner and try to stay awake while watching tv.
I had my last Lupron injection in December. So my treatment for prostate cancer is complete. I am hoping that as the Lupron wears off I will get my energy back.
I cannot imagine what you have been going through. But you do have something I do not have. A loving and supportive partner. And I am sure that is helping you with your journey to be cancer free.

fd

Back