• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ducktail spoiler?

Was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the ducktail spoilers for older mustangs. I wana put one on my 69 coupe but I cant seem to find them anywheres. The ones i find are for the newer 05-09 stangs. Do people buy those and them modify them to fit on older stangs or is there a place that makes them that I havent found yet.

There are places that make them but you have to buy a whole trunk lid and quarter extensions. Maier Racing produces them as well as a lot of the fiberglass on my car. They seem to be good quality but will need some work to look great on your car.

http://www.maierracing.com/

Wish I could help but we got Red with it's spoiler already attached to a stock steel trunklid. I would google around and contact Maier and Tony Branda to see if they might be willing to sell just the parts.

IMG_3192.JPG

thanks for all the info guys. Liking alot of the Maier racing products. Competitive pricing too.

heres a pic of a 69 with the Maier ducktail.

Not meaning to derail your thread, but I'm doing it anyway....

Extracted from the above link....

We molded ours off of an original Steel Deck lid. Then, refined the mold again. We spent many hours to insure that our deck lid and corner caps fit better than the competition. It doesn’t flex, isn’t warped, and it fits!

You'd think that a company that was so freakin' excited/proud about the quality of their new FG decklid would take the time to proof their web page. Unless their new decklid comes with an insurance policy, I believe the word they intended to use, but were too stupid to know the difference was "ensure".

"70_Fastback" said:
That spoiler totally makes the back end of a 69/70 coupe.

Yes, it does. I tell you what, though ... I think the wings look good on the back of a '69/'70 coupe as well!

Really? I need to look at that. I can't recall really seeing one -- besides SCEDD's 69/70 wing on his earlier model coupe.

"70_Fastback" said:
Really? I need to look at that. I can't recall really seeing one -- besides SCEDD's 69/70 wing on his earlier model coupe.

The pic i posted above is a 69 Coupe with a ducktail spoiler.

I have the maier racing spoiler.. Fits is ok not perfect even with alot of attention to it.. Be prepared to do alot of extra work to make it fit correctly. I spent a ton of time trying to make it perfect and the outcome is that it still isn't perfect..
But I love it makes the back end look awesome

"Fast68back" said:
Yes, but it looks weird if you dont change the tail lights. It makes them look to small or something.

I kind of agree with that statement on the 67-68. Not sure about on a 69-70 though.

Back