• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dynamic Stang

Dynamic

Hey guys, I am fairly new here and cruise past just reading more then contributing myself as I have limited experience and knowledge (I'm only 23). A bit about myself, I am from Perth Western Australia and worked as a mechanic for the last four years. I am now back into studying as I didn't enjoy working on other peoples cars as much as my own go figure :roll

So mid this year I finally decided to purchase my first Mustang as I have wanted one for as long as I can remember. It finally arrived after many delays at both ends and picked her up the other day here is some pics, and a shameless plug for my build blog that I have running at http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com/

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

0107110930-01.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

Plan of attack is to strip it right back and get it bead/soda blasted then start some panel work and go from there. Will modernise and restomod the interior along with possibly fitting a stroked 351. The engine and interior are not on any agenda for this year, as being a student cash flow and time is limited but gotta keep dreaming right?

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers guys. I am on the west coast where today it was 38degress celsius (100.4 Fahrenheit). its on the east coast where its hammering down there bad!

Welcome aboard and thanks for starting a build thread. Looks like you have a really great Mustang Canvas to start out with.

Keep up the updates and photographs coming.

It does look pretty good for a 40+ year old car.
Glad to see the build thread too. Tell us about your adventures just getting the car down under. Most of us have no idea all the hoops you guys have to jump thru!

hey guys thanks again for the welcomes!
The importing side of things wasn't to bad. The vehicle was shipped to Perth through a guy called Ken, he used to live here in Perth himself but ships cars worldwide. The government here has a goods and services tax at 10% (this is applied to the freight aswell as the price of the product) basically applied to everything entering the country if it exceeds the $1000 mark. there is a list of other fees, Port charges, Security surcharge, Delivery order fee, sea cargo automation, customs clearence/agency fees, quarantine entry fee, CMR fee, unpack, AQIS fee, customs disbursement charges, AQIS processing charge, declaration processing charge and AQIS container charge. I dont exactly know what a lot of those fees were for or how its justitifed but you cant really do much either way just pay the damn bills. A lot of cars fail the customs initial inspection so the car had to be washed which customs wanted another $400 for transport + cleaning on top of the $900 I gave them for nothing on the intial invoice. All up on paper it was about $2,200 in just fees and taxes, alot of this was customs fees.

Fast68back we have here a set of Australian Design Rules (ADR) which has a set year up to which im not sure what year that is somewhere in the 80's where the car doesnt have to be changed because it is factory. same as the lap belts and having no rear seatbelts wont be an issue because thats how it came from factory. You can buy the parts to convert it and there is a model of falcon which has the same dash etc and can be changed over but Im going to keep it left hand drive.

Welcome and we look forwaerd to watching you progress.

BTW, my sister-in-law just moved to somewhere around the Perth area. He husband works for Haliburton and they seem to get moved every 3 years.

thanks janschutz! Yeah they are located in the heart of Perth so no doubt they would be staying not so far from there. I'm 20 minutes south of the city.

Car is almost stripped and due to working a 12 hour shift tomorrow (sunday our time) I wont get a chance to finish stripping her so will hopefully have something to update monday otherwise not to much exciting stuff going on, however I did find this inside
IMAG0047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back