• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Eleanor Mustang build

phil k

To be honest, Eleanor Mustangs aren't my thing but for some reason I always end up building them for customers. I currently have 2 at my workshop right now being built for customers. As you can see the cars come to me in a pore state so first off is the welding, followed by the kit and then prep / paint.

The customer decided to go with the traditional DuPont Pepper Grey with Pearl black stripes, although the stripes are not the typical LeMan stripe layout.

Phil

SANY0267.jpg

Very Nice.

I'm not a huge fan of the Eleanor style either. But you gotta give the customer what they want right?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Yes, unfortunately so. Although I did influence the engine choice, a blown 351 Windsor backed up by a T5.

Phil

Your customers like to spend some serious cash! That's some extensive repair work just to get to a workable shell.

I don't like that whole Eleanor thing either... ick

but, did you make that hood? and how can I get one?

I don't like that whole Eleanor thing either... ick

but, did you make that hood? and how can I get one?
Fiberglass Specialties makes one like that. I don't know if they make one longer for the Eleanor front end though.

Yeah thats the issue. That one is probably custom made for the longer nose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see you did install a 4 link bar system.
Which make is it and can you still install a dual exhaust system over the axle ??
BTW very nice work !

Sorry about the delay getting back fellas. Yes the hood is an MTF item.
The car will be having the Eleanor side exit exhausts so no problems with the rear end setup. I fabricate my own stainless systems as I have a Huth pipe bender at the workshop so no problem.

Phil

cool stuff you are doing, don't know how you find time to surf the web!
but, I see the hood pins in the close-up shot... where are they on the hood. I'm using the Tony Branda 67 Shelby set-up and it look like they would be in a bad spot for that hood. Also, any idea of hood clearance in relation to the 67 Shelby or E-hood? I already am very tight with my 429, if that hood is any lower I cannot use it.
Thanks

Thanks. Unfortunately the motor isn't in the car yet so can't confirm clearance although the hood does rise a couple of inches so clearance should be good. It's worth noting that the hood is finished on the under side so it is double layered. The underside is as good as the top.

Phil

thanks for the reply. I have seen some of Rich's work. He is good! I built my car before he was really going or at least before I heard of him. However, I did go back and re do the nose of my car with one of his peices. I have never really loved my E-hood. Been kicking around ideas for a while now. I have a 429 BBF in there and I need the vents to extract heat and need more clearance. I also drive the thing in all kinds of weather so I really don't want an open scoop to dump rain on the engine. The 68 GT500 is my all time favorite car so this hood would be an awesome addition.

It will look good Craig, But from the picture you posted I think it would look better in red to match your car.

From infinity and beyond

I'd give it two thumbs up. I really like how that looks. Would you do it in a flat? That would look good, I like the contrast when done that way. If I remember correctly you have stripes on the trunk also, correct? If so what would you do back there?

From infinity and beyond

I'd give it two thumbs up. I really like how that looks. Would you do it in a flat? That would look good, I like the contrast when done that way. If I remember correctly you have stripes on the trunk also, correct? If so what would you do back there?

From infinity and beyond
I would go flat or semi-gloss. I do have stripes over the whole car but so did the Trans Am Mustangs. I think it would look okay. This one has an Eleanor-ish nose
P1060558.jpg

After seeing your second picture I would agree, sometime I just can't visualize something in my head very well.

From infinity and beyond

Back