• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Electric cutouts

AzPete

Anyone have any experience with them? Suggestions on type or brand as there are a couple styles out there.

My brother has DMH cutouts on his '70 fastback, they work good,, pull up to a civic and silence/embarrass the coffee can... worth the money.

I have the QTP 3" exhaust cuts outs and they have worked flawlessly for 2 years now. Like S8NS 289
said they are great for silencing those damn ricer burner exhausts and loud stereos.

"mustang67408" said:
I have the QTP 3" exhaust cuts outs and they have worked flawlessly for 2 years now. Like S8NS 289
said they are great for silencing those damn ricer burner exhausts and loud stereos.

....as if that engine/scoop doesn't shut them up......

"mustang67408" said:
I opened up FB ... try again...everyone should be able to see the vids...hmmmm

I still don't do facebook and without logging in, I cannot view......

I just purchased a set of DMH low profile cutouts They look beautiful and I had a nice conversation with the owner of the business. It turns out he was the inventor ofthe electric cutout industry. He has had them on his personal cars since 1996 and started the company in 2000. Very high quality and I would recommend them. They come in two styles, the traditional round and low prifile oval. Both can be used with traditional round exhaust. I am converting from my current 50 series Dronemasters to magnaflow so this was a good time to make this lound improvement. :yah
cutouts.jpg

Those are the ones I have been looking at. Just have to put them on the back burner for now.

The are my actual cutouts. The web site does not show the low profile version, just round. I did not order them directly from the mtg for that reason. If I were to do it again I would have called him to order them.

They have an oval tube that will fit the contour of my exhaust pipe. It is welded to the current exhaust. The cutout bolts to that or you can bolt up a block off plate that is supplied in the kit. Another nice feature was they supply an oval turndown. Really a pretty slick system. I think it is much cleaner than the round systems out there.

AH, Now I get it! So Iam assuming you have the oval exhaust, like a borla? Well, Damn, now I just have more to think about.

Back