• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Electric cutouts

"Midlife" said:
Those cutouts look like they will force hot exhaust gas onto the tranny...are you sure that's what you want?
I was thinking the same thing.
You could add a "Y" pipe right there and point them to the back away from the trans.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to report back on the cut outs. I finally got them wired up yesterday, and they are a blast to have. It more fun then sex.... well almost. ;)
Tonight my family, and I where to meet for dinner, I picked my 10 year old son up from boy scouts, and headed to meet the rest of the family. I put him in charge of the cutouts.

We rolled up to a intersection, and spied mom and family across the way stopped at a red light. "Dad" rev engine... says son, then he says as he flipped the switch... My wife could not stop laughing, she could hear the car way across the intersection. It was way too much fun!!!

These DMH cutouts preform flawlessly, open close in less than two seconds. The only thing cheap is the switch he used. Either it was defective from the start, or just crap. I picked up a DTDP momentary toggle switch from radio shack and Iam using that until I build my custom console. It on one of those cheap switch holders right under the radio so both driver and passeger can reach it. I'll try to take some video on Saturday.

-Mark

I have an update on my DMH cutouts as well. I intalled my exhaust quite some time ago and when I wired up the cutouts they seated so tightly they did not open when I hooked them up (good thing). I called Dave the owner of DMH and told him my dilemma and the said that is common and to tap the baffle with a hammer when the button in pushed. I jacked up my car to unbolt the cutout but jacked it from the driver's side only. I had the ds unbolted and did not like the twist it was causing my car so I put the car down when the cutout was handing from one bolt so that I could reposition the jack. As you could imagine the handing cutout got wedged between the floor and the exhaust. It caused some serious damage and basically ruined my new $180 cutout before I even used it. :rant

I called up Dave and let him know I screwed it up and said I would like to mail it back to him to see if he could repair it for me. At this point I am trying to control my losses. Dave said to send it back and he will see what he could do. As it turns out it was unrepairable. He said he appreciated my honesty and GAVE ME A NEW ONE! That is customer service!!!!! I should have the new one on tonight and ready for a car show this Saturday. I can't wait to open up the cutouts! :yah

Back