• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Electric fan(radiator)?

Dne'

I'm packed and ready for our trip, so nothing better to do right now than spend more money on ebay or shop anyway! I asked this person about this fan, looks kind of neat, but he said the thickness of the radiator that he was using was only 2.25" and still didn't fit? How much room is between the water pump and say, a 3 core radiator?

Speaking of radiators, I'd be running AC/and a transmission cooler from B&M, so what would I be safe with regarding radiators :danc?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0324023602

yes~

Yes, I read it, but he just had a bad fan motor, right? Would most agree that electric fans aren't the way to go and just go with the original cooling fan(is that what you might be fixing to imply? They just look so ~ cool! kind of modern!

Well I clicked his link to Old Air Products and it said it's for a 69 Mustang, which is a bit different than yours.
Also, there's no mention of fan air capacity that I could find.
I would take the time to ensure fit and function for your car. The last thing you want in the Houston heat is to have a cooling problem.
I went BIG on my radiator and fans and have had no problems at all.
When you get back I'd be happy to show you what I did.

Actually show me?

You mean in person and I could actually see a real mustang!? I would love that :pep! I honestly don't know if you all are real or not! Well, then that ad was misleading then! Thanks for pointing that out! I wasn't going to buy it anyway, but it did look kind of neat! Maybe that's why the person is selling it or pawning it off for someone else to have problems! Typical of ebay stuff huh! I'm going to write you when I get back!
thanks!
dne'

"joesgt281" said:
Well I clicked his link to Old Air Products and it said it's for a 69 Mustang, which is a bit different than yours.
Also, there's no mention of fan air capacity that I could find.
I would take the time to ensure fit and function for your car. The last thing you want in the Houston heat is to have a cooling problem.
I went BIG on my radiator and fans and have had no problems at all.
When you get back I'd be happy to show you what I did.

Still looking!

I've been looking at some of ya'lls radiator setups~ Wow! Funny though, seems like nothing just bolts right up and though may be considered "easy installation" :rofl! I cannot think of one thing that I would have considered Easy! lol Believe me, I love the challenge, but when I hear someone new that has bought a mustang to restore, and he/she is asking newbie questions~ you just can't tell 'em how it's going to go!

meanwhile in the Batgirl cave~
So, I would like a radiator that will bolt right in! :rofl with dual electric fans~ I'm serious! After that motor is installed, I want this thing running within two months! :danc (if I can fix all the wiring that is)!

well that is super freeking awesome, and looks like it would be an easy bolt in.
2600 cfm is plenty airflow.
it also has an integral tranny cooler which is a plus.
my system is something i pieced together, buying at discounts from individuals, and I'm sure I still had close to $400 in it.
and then i had to do a fair amount of fabrication on top of that.
mine is an AFCO Racung aluminim radiator and I'm sold on aluminum over copper, so that's another plus with this last one you found.

great!

Actually that radiatior/fan assembly has been on Ebay for quite some time! And I've had my eye on it, but now it's getting close to the time I'm going to need a radiator and this may just be the one! So, off to bed! night ya'll!
dne'

Back