• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Enclosed car trailers

Anyone near Galax, VA that might be able to take a look at it? Don't want to make the long trip and find out it's not that great.

I have a 1996 20 foot Wells Cargo. I bought the optinal 5,000 pound dexter axles to be able to load it up to 10,000 #s. I have had alot more than that loaded. It pulls great. I have always pulled it witha 5.4 F150 with no problems. The original radial Goodyears are starting to crack 15 years later. If you are planning on using it for a restored Mustang, I suggest an escaoe door. They make it easy to get into and out of the car. I did have to build permanent runners to get the car door above the trailer fender though. Wells Cargo's have a good resale value and don't leak. I use mine to pull all over the country for my Mustang business and it was worth the extra $ to have a lasting trailer.

Well to update and finish off this thread, I recently picked this one up.
3K73m03F75Ic5N95K8cah46ebfd7fc19313b8-1.jpg

3E73K33la5I35Ed5P5cahf76027b3b6b71c73.jpg

3Fd3I43L15Ld5E75H6cahac194d2444bc1fd5.jpg

10K axles, escape door, 24', best of all only 20 minutes from my house to pick it up.
Want to paint the floor come Spring to make it look better, any suggestions on what to use that won't break the bank? Also want to install E-track in the floor, anyone done this before? Is there a preferred method? Probably end up putting a removable winch in it also.

My friend and I installed E-tracks in my trailer years ago. We first put down two 2x8s, bolted them to the floor and braces, and then installed the E-tracks on them. They've worked great for years.

Nice unit. I use a cheap winch from Walmart (like $79) and hook it to the clevis in the floor. Has worked OK so far. I find that winching the car in is a lot safer than driving it. I have seen peel and stick tiles used on the floors but I can't say how well they last. I am planning on using roll vinyl in mine some day. I also keep a spare bolted to the right side wall as well as a ramp in case of a flat.

Back