• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Extended warranty on Plasma tv's

Never bought an extended warranty on anything and would have come out on the short end of the stick if I had.

I'll take the chance.

"lethal289" said:
didnt get one on my tv, and its pushing 5 years now with no issues. Knock on wood!

:rofl :rofl you just fargen jinxed yourself.

Dale, the one time I did buy an extended warranty I had to use it. I never buy 'em. Cars or anything. However, the first large screen tv I bought I went ahead and got the warranty. Well, 1 year and 2 months into it, it bit the dust. Damn sure glad I bought it. Ended up being a design flaw in that type of tv. With that being said and knowing what I know about that model, I wouldn't buy another extended warranty.

I have bought extended warranties about 50/50---I am probably ahead, my Hitachi should have been replaced but circuit city went bust so I was screwed--it has had major repairs 4 times---wifes murano is the first car I have bought it on---too many electronic gadgets on it

It was an RCA Dale. I'll never buy another RCA product again in my life due to the dealings I had with the company. I have a question for you. Have you considered LCD?

Yes, but all the information leans toward plasma as far as picture qaulity and color depth,blacks and all. No blurred motion during speed or action programs. Still doing my homework, been reading tons of expert and consumer reviews and visting stores localy.

Read a lot. We went LCD due to the plasma "burnout" issues but I think most of those have been resolved. Best way to get an idea is go to a Best Buy and to a specialty electronics store. BB will usually have the same thing playing so you can compare. A specialty store will obviously have more info and will let you "test" 'em with DVDs and such. Have fun.

Dale,
My brother bought a plasma tv just over a year ago and it went out...it had a one year warranty so he paid a ton of money for a little over a year of owning the tv. I think if I was buying one I would get the extra warranty assuming it wasnt a fortune. HTH

As De-wayne mentioned, go to a Best Buy and then you can compare side by side. When we went shopping for a new TV (start of college foosball last year), that's what we did. Ended up buying a 52" LCD Sharp Aquos. Once hooked up to DirecTV HD, it has an awesome picture!

Back