• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fake air vents/fins help

Havok1

Wasn't sure what category this would fall under, so I figured I just post it here.

Started taking off the exterior trim pieces today but ran into a problem with the fake air vents/finger fins behind the door. Any suggestions with getting them things off? I tried some gentle "persuasion," but they didn't want to talk. TIA.

"Havok1" said:
Wasn't sure what category this would fall under, so I figured I just post it here.

Started taking off the exterior trim pieces today but ran into a problem with the fake air vents/finger fins behind the door. Any suggestions with getting them things off? I tried some gentle "persuasion," but they didn't want to talk. TIA.

Never messed with a 66 but I'm sure they have nuts on the back side.

Remove rear seat and interior rear side panels and remove the nuts holding the trim in place. I think there are 5 of them. It is a real pain getting around the rear window mechanism but can be done.

Thanks guys. I was starting to think they were more than push on like the other pieces, but couldn't figure out how in the world I could get to the back of the panel. Thanks again.

Remember about thanking us as you attempt to get to that last nut. When they are ALL OFF, the piece will fall off. I have seen some try to get it off while missing the last nut.....

:rof

I'm sure that was funny to everyone but him. I'll keep that in mind though.

And I just realized I'm a full member now. :pep

Back