• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Falken's 1969 Terminator project!

That's a good plan. So, what's the initial plan on the 69? Get the M2 suspension in there and work on making it a roller? Any plan for metal work yet?

Bill

I think floor pans and suspension, then motor mounts... Not worried about bodywork at this point. He wants a "driver" so we will try to just get it together first

yeah, but pricey too! however I agree, I wish the full floor would have been available when I did mine. It needed it. The floors were the first part of the car I started on so it's also the ugliest

planning to go pick up the 69 next week. When we got it from Bill's contact, it was sitting on the ground basically. We used a fork lift to load it on my dad's trailer. It has no rear axle but does have the leaf springs. The front spindles are there but bare. When we got it to my dad's barn we just hooked it to my motor home that is in the barn and pulled the trailer out from under it.
So we are preparing to make it a roller in the barn. I have a 9" Lincoln rear axle. I picked up some new U-bolts. I have some traction bars I will use for the shock plates. I have wheels and tires and lug nuts. So I think that's everything for the rear to roll.
I bought two new rotors, new wheel bearings, spindle kit (which includes the washer, spindle nut, castle nut thing-a-ma-bob and cotter key). I have a drag link, inner/outter tie rods and the idler arm. I need to make sure I have bolts to attach the idler arm. I think their is a steering gearbox in the car but not mounted. I will bring bolts for that too. I will bring zip ties, emery cloth for the spindles, jack stands, a floor jack, tools, duct tape...
The trailer has a winch. I will bring tie downs and a tow strap.

Can you think of anything I might be forgetting?
photo 8.jpg tires.jpg Lincoln 9 inch rear.jpg

We are excited. Hard to believe a 17 year old in this day and age would be excited about a pile of junk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What day you planning to go? Sounds like you got a good plan.

Bill
Lucas has school Mondsy and Tuesday, so I am going to have the truck and trailer loaded and ready to go when he gets home Tuesday. Spend the night with my dad and go out Wednesday morning to put it together and load it up. Then have Thanksgiving dinner with them on Thursday and head home Friday.

three of the tires hold air, one will not. I have my spare from my 67 so I will have 4 wheels and tires.

Yep, but I haven't covered a Thanksgiving or Christmas at the office for several years now. So, I thought I'd take this Thanksgiving. I've got a mini vacation schedule at Christmas, so I'll be home with the kids.

Bill

Yep, but I haven't covered a Thanksgiving or Christmas at the office for several years now. So, I thought I'd take this Thanksgiving. I've got a mini vacation schedule at Christmas, so I'll be home with the kids.

Bill
Well that's not too bad. We have to get the car put together and loaded before I am loaded with Turkey!

What is the barn floor made of? Maybe some steel plates for the jack stands or jack to safely support the car. Especially if it's dirt or gravel.

From Infinity and beyond

Why not just put a caster on the front like body shops use? Seems easier/faster...

5441b89e11e190b69d79cb83030a832d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back