• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Falken's 1969 Terminator project!

On the way to JT to get the car when we developed a spark knock. She overheated, but we are on the road again. Pictures on the way.

Yes the old Chevy overheated. The boys had put cardboard in front of the radiator during that cold snap. It doesn't make any heat unless you do that. Anyway I forgot it was there. So we removed it, let cool down and filled it up with water.
Got the car loaded today.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417030768.861870.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417030835.962556.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy's thermostat not working properly ??
it is. My boys put cardboard in front of the radiator when it was real cold so it would get warm in the cab. I didn't remove it so it got hot. Once I discovered it had cardboard I removed it and it was okay.

Whats it say on the door of the truck?
Stinger Salvage.
When I dragged the truck out the fielf, I got stung. When I put the bed on I got stung, when I worked on the gas tank I got stung. So I named it Stinger Salvage.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417035691.794282.jpg

I wanted it to look like an old shop truck so I hand painted it and wet sanded it to match the patina if the truck.

Recap of homecoming day:

We woke up a bit early to take advantage of the day light, and the first thing we wanted to do was hook up the trailer to my grandfather's big F250. It could pull better than our little 72.

A1bDng0.jpg

We hooked it up and set off, but we had to pick up something for his tractor. Well, the trailer mowed some grass too.

WaEYr1S.jpg

That was amusing. On the way to the barn, one of our tow chains fell off his truck and he didn't see us waving him down so at a four way intersection, we drove into the other lane next to him, I jumped out and hooked it up, and we continued. Needless to say, onlookers were confused.

We then arrived at the barn that housed my beautiful car (I've determined that her name is Ashlee after this girl in highschool), and she looked just like I left her. Fender hanging in all.

G93vJOp.jpg

Beautiful. I was ready to get to work, so we did! After some basic stuff, we got the rear axle in place. Wheels coming on:

XyJWQSJ.jpg

And she was a roller! We backed in our trailer and readied the winch to pull her up. It didn't like it, we got stuck on the exhaust as well as the traction bars!

XdUeQqg.jpg

And so we went on! Headed back to my grandfather's house, hooked her back up to the 72, and got ready to inventory.

i9g9AYK.jpg

We had tons of parts. Things we didn't even think we would have.

xe9aHCy.jpg

More:

JIs7eCV.jpg

So we have tons of stuff. I am ready to drag her home, combine her with my Mach 1, and get to work.

I am seeing the floors being a problem, and then piddly things. The big money pit will be carbureting my 4.6 and getting ahold of a five speed, so I need to get a job. Lets do this, the dominoes aee falling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, there was tons of parts in those cars. I bet more than we ever knew. We just scratched the surface getting some stuff out to lightnen them.

Bill

Aha. Ashlee She must be "special" to you ???

And of course grandpa's tools.
Be thankfull he is still around.

Whats the next step ??

Aha. Ashlee She must be "special" to you ???

Unfortunately! It was kind of a bad experience, but hey.

The next step? Taking it home and getting it put together into a real car. I have everything except floors, brackets for pedals, a cowl, the right side quarter panel extension, and some other piddly stuff.

Once the shell is a whole car, its down to running gear and mechanical stuff. I am already looking at over $1000 to get the 4.6 running with a carburetor and then I need a T45 tremec five speed to hook it up to. I don't know for sure what the plan is.

And you want "this experience" to be a happy ever after one ??

With dad in the background it will !!!

Succes grashopper !

Yes, the girl was not but this one can be done correctly! We will have a good experience with the car, we have something of an idea of what to do.

Yes. I am probably not much help with the teenage girl problems!!! But the car, i think we are having a great time already.

It was pretty cool having three generations working on getting the car to roller status and on the trailer

Some of the stuff we found in the car, a good trunk lid and a quarter-panel extension.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417126700.273165.jpg

Back