• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Falken's 1969 Terminator project!

Originally, I wanted to drop a 4v 4.6l with a supercharger on it into her but I have had a change of heart (fortunately, before it was too late).

Now I want to do, ultimately, a Coyote swap with the Boss 302 intake and heads.

It'll look like Follman's #16 with the heart of a modern Boss 302, modern suspension (yes, I want IRS), and fully race prepped interior. Yes. I know. IRS isn't important for drag racing.

2b7737a60957fa706ad40b4f6ba25a51.jpg

So, this car, with a 17 and my name instead. That's what I am dreaming of right now.

For a kid with no job, you certainly have huge aspirations! Kudos to you. I might suggest that you concentrate on your schooling and get a great, high paying job because you are talking about a $50k car at minimum.

Maybe for your first build you should build something a little more reasonable so that you can actually drive it before you are 40 years old.

Not trying to burst your bubble, it's great to have dreams but too many cars sit in garages never being completed due to lack of resources.

You're talking like I am thinking! That's a good sign, I am not crazy! Haha, and this car will be running on a different motor. The finished product is far away, maybe twenty years, but a drivable car is closer. Yes, I am going to school for mechanical and system eng and plan on getting a good job.

Right now, we have most of the parts we need to get the car running. Tarafied is letting me run his 5.0 pushrod and a T5 until I get the next step up, so the plan has those steps involved. Its a project! The dream is something to be lived and I am planning with driving it as soon as possible in mind. Talking rusty edges, multi-colored messes, the whole rat rod thing. Yes sir, the expensive end plan is a the end plan! It has a nine inch bolted in it right now, the front suspension is all there, engine and transmission is in the garage, I have all the electronics for lights and everything! Just need floors, a cowl, a windshield, and that quarter panel extension. :)

Last edited:
Yep. Good old dad will be helping a lot to make it a driver.
College is the priority and the dream is a long way off. But a beater driver is within reach with dad's help! But he does to meed to get job cuz I will want some of my parts back someday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor ole dad and his 65 FB :)

Bill
yes. The 65 will be engine and transless for a while. And my Lincoln 9" axle too! And who knows what else!!!
And maybe my other son is taking over the 65 coupe. Maybe one day he will join the fix too and take over the build thread on it. I may never get to build my drag car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're talking like I am thinking! That's a good sign, I am not crazy! Haha, and this car will be running on a different motor. The finished product is far away, maybe twenty years, but a drivable car is closer. Yes, I am going to school for mechanical and system eng and plan on getting a good job.

Right now, we have most of the parts we need to get the car running. Tarafied is letting me run his 5.0 pushrod and a T5 until I get the next step up, so the plan has those steps involved. Its a project! The dream is something to be lived and I am planning with driving it as soon as possible in mind. Talking rusty edges, multi-colored messes, the whole rat rod thing. Yes sir, the expensive end plan is a the end plan! It has a nine inch bolted in it right now, the front suspension is all there, engine and transmission is in the garage, I have all the electronics for lights and everything! Just need floors, a cowl, a windshield, and that quarter panel extension. :)

Now that sounds like a perfect plan!

You must have dreams about how you want your car but have a sence for reality too.
I know your dad has taught you so.
They say , where there is a will , there is a way. ( or something like this :D:D:D:D )
Be smart , first school , then carrier and last thing is hobby.In that order, grashopper ;);).

The left front tire looks a bit crooked but since this is a rat-rod...

Kicking myself for selling this... If I only knew what was lurking in all those parts lol.

;)

Starting to look like something. I'm sure he's really got the bug now.

Bill

I think it will be awesome. Showed these pics to Jordan and he said why did you sell that, I like it lol. Kids... he's wanting a 65-6 coupe now ;)

Bill

Thank you, though, for selling it to us, Bill. I really appreciate that, and this car certainly has a lot in it. It went to a good home, I promise!

Thank you, though, for selling it to us, Bill. I really appreciate that, and this car certainly has a lot in it. It went to a good home, I promise!

I'm playing for the most part. There is a part of me that would love to have kept it, but it went to the right person. I'm excited for you and can't wait to watch what this car becomes.

Bill

Back