• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Family History

My mom's maiden name we can trace back to the 1400's in Germany. My dad's side back to the 1700's in France when the nobility in my family dropped their guns and ran for other parts during the revolution. My dad father came from Cuba in the late 1800's. I believe his parents were killed when the Spanish army invaded.

I 'would like to respond positivitly but am too much of a good to do so.
We all have our demons and to have to deal with them.

Might we all right ourselvses and correct our wrongs.

Been working on my family for a long time, mostly Scotch and Irish with a good amount of German and American Indian mixed in. Mom's side of family is fairly well documented but Dad's has a lot of dead ends. I am finding interesting mixture of hero's and villains.
Dad's side of the family was known as excellent horsemen in Scotland.....the problem was the horses they rode sometimes belonged to somebody else. They were declared an "Unruly Clan" by the Scottish parliament and banished to Ireland.
Mom's side came from Scottish royalty and played a part in a lot of the warring and political intrigue many centuries ago. Unfortunately they supported Mary, Queen of Scots, kind of the loosing side. My great great great..........uncle is credited with committing the first political assassination with a firearm back in 1570.

My sister has the bulk of our geneology.
It should be known that my family is not so much a tree, as it is a creeping weed.
My Moms parents are both still alive and this was recently in their local newspaper.
It does not include husbands/wives, just blood relatives across 5 generations. That other great great grandchild was born and made my younger brother a grandpa...

Maybe our last name should have been 'hare'... ;)

IMG_5659_edited.jpg

I found the Leslie clan emblem when we went to Ednigurghchief Pett. It was very grounding to see my name's name posted in a shopping mall.

I will detail more detail as I learn more.

Understanding my Famiies history is paramount.

In July we get to have a reunion of my Dad's Mother's side of the family and this year we will celebreate all of those who served in the US Military.

My Father, and two Uncle's all served. My Dad Served as a Chief Petty Officder on the USS Bonne Home Richard (Bonne Dick) during the Korean War. He taught me how to fix things and I am forever grateful for his teaching. Thanks, Dad.6

My grandmother's brother served under Patton's 8th army while pressing through Italy. He never spoke a word but I know he went through hell beating back the Nazi's.

If I was not an engineer, I would be a historian. I find is astounding how all of us goons have traversed to make this place awesome.

Back