• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Favorite "Car Guy" Movie

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
The other day (as rare as it might be around here), we got off-track on a thread with discussion about one of my favorite "car guy" movies, Hollywood Knights. Seems our sheltered pal in the Heartland had never had the pleasure. That got me to thinking about other such movies and I wondered if there might be more others might recommend that maybe I had yet to catch.

So let's share. What are your all time favorite "car guy" movies.

Not sure if Bullit counts... I was never much of a movie goer, but before cable one of the UHF channels would do a Clint Eastwood movie week and I always watched Bullit on our 19" black and white tv. About 2 years ago I saw Dazed and Confused for the first time... I liked seeing all the cars in that movie.
BTW, contrary to your comment in the other thread, I am a car guy, just not much of a movie guy.

American Graffiti is my choice, if for no other reason than it was based around my home town and from the era and antics of my father and his friends.

Dirty mary crazy larry

The movie where ron howard steals the race car....

Six pack with kenny rogers

Driven with sly stallone

Senna

White lightning with burt reynolds

Walking tall had a great scene where they trashed that dudes camaro

Lets see:
Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry
Hollywood Knights
2 Lane Blacktop
California Kid
American Graffiti
Bullitt
The original Gone in Sixty Seconds
There was a TV movie back in 1980 called "Hot Rod" I think Grant Goodeve was in it. It was about a small time drag racer drifting from town to town and then going up against the town badass who had a 442 and who's father owned the local soda company.

The movie where ron howard steals the race car....
That was called "Eat My Dust"

American Graffiti #1
Dazed and Confused
Return to Macon County, with young Don Johnson and Nick Nolte. Car featured was a de-chromed 57 Chevy

"KTJMcG" said:
There was a TV movie back in 1980 called "Hot Rod" I think Grant Goodeve was in it. It was about a small time drag racer drifting from town to town and then going up against the town badass who had a 442 and who's father owned the local soda company.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0079307/

I actually found a copy online that is on DVD, I pull it out occasionally and watch it. Love that old Willy's coupe!!

The Wraith starring Charlie Sheen

Too fast too furious (not really starring anyone!)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

"Fast68back" said:
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0079307/

I actually found a copy online that is on DVD, I pull it out occasionally and watch it. Love that old Willy's coupe!!

I'd like to find a copy of that one myself. Funny this topic came up today. While working out in the garage this morning I had 2 Lane Blacktop in the portable dvd player I have out there.

Re: Re: Favorite "Car Guy" Movie

"KTJMcG" said:
Forgot Corvette Summer
Mark Hamill's departure from Star Wars.......instant classic?
Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Back