• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fiberglass 67-68 Rear quarter trim panels source

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Plastic vs Fiberglass. I've heard the fiberglass is better but don't know why. Can anyone enlighten me on this and who is a good source for these? Shag's panels were butchered up via speaker holes so they need to be replaced.

Craig,

Fortunately the aftermarket now provides a source for these pieces, but if it were up to me I'd try and source a set of factory panels. I have no experience with the aftermarket FG interior pieces, but what I do know is that the original pieces fit "like a glove" and there isn't much room for a margin of error. If the aftermarket new ABS interior pieces are anything like an aftermarket hood/door/fender/etc. you'll likely regret using them.

It's a rare occurance, but original FB FG interior pieces do appear on eBay now and then, just be prepared to pay for them. It would have been better if you'd started looking a year ago.....

before about 2000 people would practically give them to you! I do agree with Dave, the repop kick panels don't fit too bad but not as good as OEM.

After looking for replacement OEM lower quarter panels for months, I finally purchased an entire set of good condition fastback interior pieces for $475 last week (minus the trap door). I really only needed the lower quarter panels, and I hope I can recoup most of investment by selling the stuff I don't need.

I believe all the repop stuff is ABS plastic; I don't think anyone makes repop fiberglass pieces. If you start searching now, and you might find good OEM pieces by the time you are installing Shag's interior.

Good luck. However, let me know if you need any other interior pieces, because I'll have a bunch of leftovers.

NPD sells the lower panels in both ABS and in Fiberglass which is almost twice the cost. Michael, I'll contact you regarding what you have.

Craig

I think it is worth while waiting to find on ebay some orig ones.
I have bad experence with repop stuff.It is always something and never fit the first time.
They showe up on ebay on a regular base.Be patience and you will be rewarded.

Back