• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Finally, a track day today!

A

Anonymous

Went to the track today to relieve some pent up frustration (since it's been almost 9 months since I was on track with the 66).

Got there, unloaded, ran it through tech, filled it up with 110 octane leaded race fuel (love that smell) and checked it over. Skip showed up with his new Parnelli Jones GT and was ready for his first ever track day. As soon as the drivers meeting ended, the following started:

CarandrainSmall.jpg

RainSmall.jpg

Had a helper today, I had him checking the suspension!

PitCrewSmall.jpg

Also had an unexpected visitor

JPwaitingontherainSmall.jpg

and then Ansel was doing his impression of JP

AnselProSmall.jpg

Needless to say, the event was canceled and I was soooooooo happy

DoIlookhappySmall.jpg

Oh well, at least Skip and I are registered for July!

Ahhhh yes, good old Kansas weather. Good practice for the next one. Nice helpers too.

Bummer. My first track day this year was cut short by rain but my day was already done by then as I blew out a freeze plug from the side of the block in the second session. Weird. It's fixed now and heading to Gingerman Saturday to check out the new layout.

No pic of Skip? Ya self-centered Basti..... Just kidding.

Did Skip trailer the PJ up there - or drive it?

He drove the PJ! I made it back to the trailer after the drivers meeting. Skip stayed for the novice class meeting. We were separated the entire time, plus it never stopped raining, so no pics outside the trailer.

Apparently it took him 2 hrs to get back to KC (a 1 hr drive) because of the flooding on I70 :ep

Yep I drove it. It looks like hammered sh!t after driving in the great flood of 2010. One of the guys at work has a brother who lives in Topeka and he said that he has never seen it rain that hard there.

I figured the car is officially a driver after this. No reason to worry about beauty marks from here on out.

While Mark went for a quicky in the trailer, I stuck around and talked with a lot of the novices. A bunch of them had the same fears as me so I felt a lot better.

Can't wait to get my cherry popped in July.

"Mach1ne" said:
While Mark went for a quicky in the trailer -
Can't wait to get my cherry popped in July.

"You ain't using MY trailer bub!"

Sounds like a case of do as I say not as I do, et tu Brute?

Jon

Back